Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Strange Window Activity

Hi all,

New to the forum, great tips and advice on here. I'm new to Lexus with an 08 IS250SR and absolutely love it.

Anyway, this morning when I went out to the car I noticed all 4 windows were halfway down. I know they weren't like this when I parked up as it was drizzling slightly and I made sure they were all fully up.

Anyone experienced this or got any thoughts?

Thanks

HI

I've not heard of this one ,but I do know if you want all the windows opening at the same time and not in the car you can press and hold down the unlock button which will open all the windows, also what I be asking is why your interior sensors never set the alarm off is there a possibility someone unlocked the car by accident but I am sure a member on here will have an idea why it happened and will reply soon regards and welcome peter

HI

I've not heard of this one ,but I do know if you want all the windows opening at the same time and not in the car you can press and hold down the unlock button which will open all the windows, also what I be asking is why your interior sensors never set the alarm off is there a possibility someone unlocked the car by accident but I am sure a member on here will have an idea why it happened and will reply soon regards and welcome peter

Interesting, didn't know you could do that. Thanks Peter

Not heard this on a 250 but yeah it's common on a GS. People sit on the key fob and roll the windows down by mistake. Didn't know the 250 had this feature which to be honest I think is a totally useless feature. When do you ever think "oh I know let's roll all the windows down half way when I'm not in the car" pretty pointless feature IMO

Yeah you can remotely open the windows using the key fob.... its been a life save during the summer when the weather was hot!

I would remotely open the car windows (save me going down to the car.. yes i know lazy lol) and it would help cool the interior down a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's happened to me on a few occasions. I've had my neighbours knocking on my door to tell me that my windows were halfway down. I think I may have pressed the unlock button inadvertantly and it's a feature I only renectlt discovered.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links