Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iphone/usb Connection - Where Or How To Fit ?

I've just committed to an Sept '09 IS220D SE-L (or actually an SE-I if you read further down) with Nav. I've looked at everything except USB/Bluetooth music capability - can anyone advise what the situation is - should it have it automatically or do I need somethng retrofiting ?

Where would I normally find a USB connector if it's fitted ?

Thanks in advance

I've got 2 parrott devices... and i'm getting nowt but bad vibes and feedback regarding the fitting of either of these... extra 3-4 metre lead required from the amp in the boot too... my old car and the wifes focus was a dodle...

K3lvc

I have a 2009 is220d se-l with nav and there's an auxiliary input in the centre console under the armrest I find this is perfect when used with an iPhone

And the sound from the mark levinson stereo in my opinion is brilliant

Thanks Jthenn - mine will have the aux input but I want to control via wheel rather than via Iphone - mine is the 13 Speaker Premium system with Nav - does that mean it's Levinson or a lower alternative (no Levinson logo to be seen)

If you can't see a Mark Levinson logo on the centre facia then it won't be. But the premium sound is darned good anyhow.

If you have the face lift version there should be a auxillary and a USB port in the armrest interior.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all - nothing was there so I bit the bullet and had the cable fitted before I collected.

At least I can play the music but still missing the track listings etc - maybe I expect too much after my recent VW Golf hire car ;-)

Im surprised that 1 . you do not have tracklistings showing as you have the sat mav screen and 2 it sounds like you have a pre 09 Model year facelift car with the Sat nav and no Mark Levinson. My reasons for this are the following. a) to get the sat nav option on a pre facelifted car, you had to opt for the MM (Multimedia package) which gave you the Mark Levinson sound system (14 speakers) reversing camera and sat nav. B) The sat nav was available on the 09 model year facelifted cars with the reversing camera, but without the Mark Levinson sound system. This is known as the Full Map package (FM) . HOWEVER these cars then came with the USB input aswell as the AUX jack in the armrest box. SO it sounds to me that you have a 09 model year facelifted car with the FM pack but without the USB socket.

This is very odd. Does your car have the side indicators in the wing mirror?

• Like 1

Im surprised that 1 . you do not have tracklistings showing as you have the sat mav screen and 2 it sounds like you have a pre 09 Model year facelift car with the Sat nav and no Mark Levinson. My reasons for this are the following. a) to get the sat nav option on a pre facelifted car, you had to opt for the MM (Multimedia package) which gave you the Mark Levinson sound system (14 speakers) reversing camera and sat nav. B) The sat nav was available on the 09 model year facelifted cars with the reversing camera, but without the Mark Levinson sound system. This is known as the Full Map package (FM) . HOWEVER these cars then came with the USB input aswell as the AUX jack in the armrest box. SO it sounds to me that you have a 09 model year facelifted car with the FM pack but without the USB socket.

This is very odd. Does your car have the side indicators in the wing mirror?

So what you're saying is that I have a mutant Lexus :(

I appear to have

Sat Nav

13 speaker HiFi (non Mark Levinson)

Reversing Camera

Side indicators in wing mirror

Aux in armrest box

No USB :(

Track listings appears to be OK for some CD's but not others (and not for Iphone at all :() - is there a gracenote type update available as my home Bose system has ?

There seems to be a misapprehension here that face lifted cars came with either Bluetooth or/and a USB socket. This is not so. Only the SE-L or F Sport models (depending on options) had these. SE or SE-I certainly did not, unless the car was equipped with multi thousand pound upgrades.

The 2009 face lift car for all its pretensions to the junior exec market was poorly equipped compared to its rivals....even cars half the price came with Bluetooth as standard.

Lexus has strange ideas about what should be included. They give you a lot of standard kit, luxury interiors but miss out what many business people would think of as essential.

I was surprised to find my late 2009 Face lift SE-I had no Bluetooth, my previous Mercedes and BMW models and my colleague's Audi had this as standard. Auto folding door mirrors, auto dipping rear view mirrors all alien to the Lexus (although you do get a button to press to fold the mirrors). Cruise control on a manual gearbox, not useful if the car needs to change down gear to climb a hill (which disengages it). Ventilated seats, are they really a priority?

I'm sure it's because the car is targeted at the US market hence the silly permanently on airbag light, and door warning chimes.

Lexus can build great cars, but they will never crack the European market unless they pay attention to wnat their customers need.

So Lexus how about a 3.0 litre diesel automatic IS Saloon (Toyota have licensed BMW diesel technology)?

Fair point. But the OP did say he was looking at a SEL.

I have also noticed folk will refer to an SEL when it is actually an SEi and they have misinterpreted the i for an l. Even dealers do it....although I wonder if this 'accidentally deliberate'...so to speak

Curiously, my eldest son has just got a 09 Audi A4 and it does NOT have Bluetooth!?

I'm sure you're right Normski;

The SE-I and the SE-L do seem to get muddled, especially at dealers, and given their interiors look similar with the Leather it's not surprising. I think the model designations are an issue.

BMW use SE as their bottom line and M Sport as the top with occasionally Sport in between. The differencies are obvious both inside and out.

There are (were) only subtle differences in the SE-I ans SE-L especially when Lexus had the Multimedia pack.

Do you think Lexus are serious about European sales?

They certainly should be...and I think they are. But, they could do with paying closer attention to the basics that many other makes just come with out of the box.

I had a 220d so I know how good it could have been. Lexus should have done a bit more R&D on the diesel strand. Many other marques are suffering problems too. Friend of mine came down from N Wales 3 months ago ( in a Audi A3) and broke down 3 times...DPF clogged problem!! Trouble is clean air legislation means they had to get the fumes cleaner, hence the EGR and DPF filters. Too many people doing local drive around trips clogs up their engine's filters. Hence, Lexus went down the hybrid route...maybe they will proved correct in time. Might just be seen to be a shrewd move.

I did indeed fall foul of the SE-L vs SE-I issue but to be fair the designation didn't bother me as long as the car was right

Early impressions are good if complex after my Audi A4 - certainly the media is far less intuitive than the VW group but the drive is good and it's comfy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links