Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

Got mine upgraded today and thought it would leave a trail under General, Software Update, but nothing; am beginning to wonder if it was done at all. May I echo Bridgy in asking how to find the version in the myriad menus?

You are correct DJP. I have not been able to find any version number resembling anything like VC03101C. Where are you guys looking ?

I think you will find it in General settings --> software update

After running VC03101C for a couple of weeks i must say that it is a big impovement but not flawless. It looses the contact favourites from time to time. And connect/reconnect of Bluetooth is not 100% either. But much better than before.

Mine's had the new software update twice. The first one solved the Bluetooth audio dropping but not the phone favourites. The second didn't solve it either.

Neither update shows in the settings history anywhere where I would expect to find it....

To find out which version you are running:

Car ignition on

Hold menu button

Headlamp switch off - auto 3 times

You should now be in the service menu

Click service information

Then version information

Then EMV-M push

Latest program version is VC03101C

Hope this helps

Carl,

Thank you very much indeed. I admit to being a tad nervous of straying into unknown territory but at the second attempt it worked. And I have version VC03101B not C. :angry: That's despite supposedly having two updates, and having to let the dealer know the updates were available. It also perhaps explains why only one of my issues has been resolved.

Back to the dealer then.

Thanks again.

To find out which version you are running:

Car ignition on

Hold menu button

Headlamp switch off - auto 3 times

You should now be in the service menu

Click service information

Then version information

Then EMV-M push

Latest program version is VC03101C

Hope this helps

Carl, I tried this but it didn't work; could I be doing something wrong or would they have locked it on my car? By the menu button, you do mean the one right in front of the 'mouse'?

It can't be locked out. It does work DJP managed it ok yesterday. Yes the menu button in front off the mouse. Press and hold this after ignition is on. Then toggle the light switch off auto off auto off auto then the menu will appear on the nav screen.

Now you come to mention it, I do have a couple of odd things happening.

1) With my iPod Touch connected via USB, when I select Browse I am only getting [ABC] enabled for selecting Artist.. [DEF], [GHI] etc are ghosted out. Very strange.

2) Text message reading has simply stopped working. It worked on the first couple of days but now it doesn't. It is probably something I have done while playing around with settings on either the car or the phone, need to have another play.

I'm following this closely.

Lexus UK better be following it as well.

I'm not even going to sit in one in the showroom until I'm convinced this is sorted.

I still can't believe customers are having this problem.

Argento (apple fan)

This is really minor, no? I wouldn't want my messages to be read out loud in the first place, anyways. Not to mention that in my language this functionality will be implemented probably in the next decade or so. I'm not bothering in the meantime then... : )

Does anyone else still have problems with the C upgrade installed? Bridgy i would suggest doing fresh Bluetooth installs on both the phone and the ipod. Delete Lexus from both devices and the car connections and start fresh.

This is really minor, no? I wouldn't want my messages to be read out loud in the first place, anyways. Not to mention that in my language this functionality will be implemented probably in the next decade or so. I'm not bothering in the meantime then... : )

In isolation I agree it is minor. However, when aggregated with all the other "minor" glitches you are left with a rather unstable platform that leaves you wondering from one day to the next what's going to work or not work.

Given the money we have spent on these vehicles it is less than satisfactory.

• Like 1

Given the money we have spent on these vehicles it is less than satisfactory.

From this perspective I fully agree. And believe me, I'm coming from IT background so like all the latest gimmicks. It's only that car manufacturers seem to be years behind mainstream electronic producers especially in terms of user experience. The Lexus platform itself seems to be unstable, outdated and semifunctional. But so is the case with many other car infotainment systems. I would personally wish the car dashboard was "liberated" i.e. free for developers to take over, as is the case with mobiles. There will come a day I will connect (wirelessly) my mobile to take over infotainment system in the car. Just not yet, and not this car.

To recap, as much as I understand that car systems need to be mission critical, this being the argument for keeping the technology proprietary, it seems to be a dead end. They're neither stable, nor very useable. The market and consumers will eventually prevail. Not in this decade, probably, though.

And while I'm waiting for the car I do wish Lexus sort all these annoying quirks! Only text reading would be my last priority.

Hope I made myself a bit more clear this time! : )

Sends, not sure how you would do a fresh install of Bluetooth on the iPhone, please can you elaborate?

I think he means, delete the pairing in the Iphone and the lexus and re-pair them again. This should re-establish the comms and pickup any new functionality. Downside is it will mean any presets/favourites saved against that device will be lost and have to be recreated.

Version C continues to work faultlessly with my Iphone given, the protocol to end the call, has changed from Version B i.e .

Cancel Voice Recognition then Phone.

Now Calling Fred displays Fred's number that I then simply say Dial to connect.

Downloading Destinations via Tethering, when @ Home, also has performed as specified.

DAB Radio is perfect------should I expect more as Version A guided me to the Swiss Border last Autumn with zero issues?

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links