Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Heated Seats At Fault Where To Start ?

Any ideas

I have no idea where to start or where the wires are for them.

Can someone possibly help me out with this one as I like to be toasty when I am driving.

For starters when I press the buttons to switch them on they light up green.

Hope this helps !!!!

Thanks in advance

That is correct they do light up green they take a while to warm up, Normally the mark4s don't have problems with the heated seats.

Check the block connectors under the seat ( You have probably done this though)

In my Mk2 the lights lit up even when the seat heaters failed in last 3 weeks of ownership

I always though it was due to heater element failure, and so I assumed the green light was in parallel with circuit rather than in series.

Note sure about Mk3, but i have heard Mk4 rarely fail.

Might be worth getting multimeter to probe the elements on both seats and see if there is a difference.

Agree that with winter arriving, a toastie ar*e is a nice thing to have

The front seats in my MK3 don't work either and yes I would like to be toasty too :) is there a definitive answer to the cause and fixing? One of us on here must be a secret auto electrician? :)

Reading various posts on here and when I bought my Mk3 car from ACLex ( parts manager at Lexus Poole Dorset ), repairing the heated front driver's seat ( mine went years ago i think ) is just not practicable ..... cost, effort and longevity of repair !

Malc

This is the one thing I'm disappointed with on my mk4 LS. In the winter my heated seat takes ages to get warm. It never really gets hot enough like the seat did on my Legend. I'd never swop back to the Honda though,- even for a 'toasty' bum!

Maybe they do work then and I'm just being impatient.

I felt some heat but I thought that it was just the heat off my body warming the seats up

Dads P reg landcruiser is brilliant. Thought this would be similar

Still love the car though

If the seat heater switch illuminates when pressed on that means the 15A supply fuse is intact so that leaves either the relay (unlikely) the heater elements (more likely) or the earth connection for the heaters (possibly).

Both front seat heaters are fed from the same fuse.

The following information relates to the seat heater switch panel.

The wire colour for the seat heaters incoming 12 Volt supply is light green (pin 11), The 12 volt feeds from the relay to the seats are Red/yellow and Blue/yellow ( pins 9/13 and the earth connections for the elements is white/black (under the seats).

Be careful if poking around this area as there are SRS circuits in the same area and you don't want to set off an airbag! The SRS connectors are normally bright yellow with extra insulation over the plugs so easily identified.

This is the one thing I'm disappointed with on my mk4 LS. In the winter my heated seat takes ages to get warm. It never really gets hot enough like the seat did on my Legend. I'd never swop back to the Honda though,- even for a 'toasty' bum!

I would say that both my LS 400's had a time to heat up that was shorter than the wife's Honda or my mates German motors.

But maybe the leather is thicker, so takes more time!

Sadly for me the driver seat heater has never worked on my series 2.

Removing the seat in an attempt to repair it failed as the element is inside the cushion and you cannot get at it.

It appears you have to buy the seat, not very clever of Lexus. :megaangry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links