Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can anyone explain why the LS400, whatever Model it is, is going up in value the way it is? Have people woken up to what a good motor they really are? Is this good or bad? Depending how one looks at it.

There as always been a desire by people to own top quality cars regardless of make ,with regards to the LS400 the fact that they are becoming rarer and in particular the Mark1V is helping to create interest in them.The other factors are the body shape which as we remember limousines should look and did for decades now they are curved out of all recognition and have no soul or presence.The 400 is cheap to run it is ultra reliable and pound for pound beats any Luxury brand in ride and comfort,the world is as you say waking up to the fact that in this car they have missed a trick and are now belatedly trying to get in on the act. Is it good or bad depends on weather you already own one.I have owned two a Mark 1 for 16 years and a Mark1V I was fortunate to get last year with 18k on the clock it still looks and drives like the day it came off the ship from the factory and I thank my lucky stars I got to buy it before someone else beat me to it,I know a few of my fellow members of this site would have trampled me into the ground in pursuit of this car.My advise to anyone who as a good example of one of these cars ,hang on to it .

Glad I got my mk4 when I did. I think these motors are beginning to be recognised for what they are, therefore people are prepared to pay a small premium for them. There's an early, absolutely pristine model LS in our local dealership on display. (They want big money for it). These will undoubtedly be considered landmark vehicles in the future. A definite Classic for sure. I think with a little bit of effort I could sell mine for more than I paid for it 2 years ago. (Of course, I have no intention of doing that)!

Ls400 is a hidden gem, and it is really a 20 year old body design, so now stands out.

I was washing mine yesterday, and as ever it took forever because so many people stop for a chat about the lovely looking car.

Agree that the MK4 is the best, mainly due to the VSC which is a godsend with the leaves on road and cattle grids on bends around my neck of the woods.

Drove it for 250 miles over the weekend, and reminded me of how darned comfortable and quite it is (though state of UK roads always make for interestingly different road noise).

Actually Pete it is a 25 year old body design signed off by Senior managers at Lexus in 1988,at the end of project F1 which was the 1990 Lexus series 1 LS400 first Launched in the USA.

A bit like Concorde, I guess, stands the test of time, almost ageless, and built by people who took pride in what they did.

Maybe in 25 years time there will still be a few of them around (but I suspect i will have reverted to bus passes by then)

Testament to timeless performance ........ I have my Lexus AND a bus pass .......... don't use the latter much tho', easier getting in and out of the Lexus than enduring the rollercoaster ride on the buses :outforcount:

Malc

Testament to timeless performance ........ I have my Lexus AND a bus pass .......... don't use the latter much tho', easier getting in and out of the Lexus than enduring the rollercoaster ride on the buses :outforcount:

Malc

Bad analogy Roller Coasters are great fun, sitting next to smelly people on an equally smelly bus with no suspension is dreadful.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links