Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Custom Rad Cap

SteveAudioX

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone will be interested in a cumtom rad cap cover. simular shape to TOMS one which you all know..

It will be custom machined from Alluminium with a raised LEXUS or TTE logo. All at fraction of cost.

This will be a Very high quality piece of machined alluminium !! not like the ones you can get from certian stores... will be unique to the LEXUS "IS" of course.

I know it's difficult to say without seeing a sample or something. But the engineering company i use have drawings of what i roughly want.

I just would like some feedback to whom would like to buy something like this at a fraction of the cost of TOMS... It will sure look the Bees nees... as i think everyone knows... who would put a crap part on their LEX right...

Any feedback would be appreciated..

thanks

Wasn't GRiM looking into getting the TRD one as a side to the Oil filler cap GB??

Whats the difference in looks - I don't think I have seen one!

Also, and feel free to call me stupid, but was is TOMS?? I know TTE and TRD?? :unsure:

Also, and feel free to call me stupid, but was is TOMS?? I know TTE and TRD?? :unsure:

TRD - Toyota Racing Development

TTE - Toyota Team Europe

Tom's - Performance Engineering for Toyota

All three are tuning arms for Toyota....

Also, and feel free to call me stupid, but was is TOMS??  I know TTE and TRD??  :unsure:

TRD - Toyota Racing Development

TTE - Toyota Team Europe

Tom's - Performance Engineering for Toyota

All three are tuning arms for Toyota....

TOMS is not part of Toyota

it stands though for TOyota MotorSport...but is a private company tuning toyota cars

steve, i think you will have legality and copyright issues if you use the TTE logo or lexus logo....be carefull

remeber also the rad caps are set at pre determined pressures

TOMS is not part of Toyota

it stands though for TOyota MotorSport...but is a private company tuning toyota cars

I stand corrected....... "oh mighty, all knowing, all seeing, all hearing one"........ ^_^

....... steve, i think you will have legality and copyright issues if you use the TTE logo or lexus logo....be carefull

remember also the rad caps are set at pre determined pressures..

I think if you acknowledge the copyright of the Logo's you're ok, but you'll need to add "not officially endorsed or supported by..."

The TRD RAD caps I'm bringing in should be around £20.

These ARE officially endorsed etc, and are high pressure rated.

Steve, perhaps you should look at producing a metal sticker to go on top of the existing RAD cap.

That way you get round any issues of RAD pressure and warranty issues.

Not trying to dis you're suggestion, just offering my $0.02c worth. :unsure:

Thanks for your feedback guys...

I did say cover.. It would still use the original cap and this one would sit on top and lock onto it... oh it'll look great !

As for the logo issues Matt... It's just an idea. Isn't that the same as buying Stickers made up from other companies.. which say TTE etc?

I can get the one off made, but would be costly. I thought if people were interested I can get multiple numbers.

I had no intentions of making profit. I am just getting charged for the CAD work and Alluminium. Got some feedback from the company today at £25 based on 20 units..

I think I might go ahead and get one done for myself. But when you guys see it......... Well....I'm sure you'll want one.

Thanks for the advice on the legal issues Matt. I thought it'll be an idea.

Just out of curiusity who would buy one?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links