Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressures

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridgestones all round. As per what the original tyres where. When driving in a straight line the steering wheel is ever so slightly towards the left. If I correct it and put it central the car will go to the right.

I use the pressures as stated on the door frame. I can't remember what they are, but check each time I do the pressures (every 500 miles or before a long trip)

doubt pulling is tyre pressure, more likely tracking even if its been checked. Who checked it? Also, road camber makes car wonder so i assume it pulls on motorway too, which is generally flat. id get tracking checked as something must still be out...

but by definition of it not driving straight something is out. Next id check tyre depths as if they are unevenly worn that could do it. Swap left to right temporarily and see if that changes anything. Good luck finding out.

Issue continues. Brand new rubber all round, tyres swapped, tracking a GEO checked yet car still pulss to the left.

I have been reading forums in the US and its a common issue there and the dealer replaces castors to sort it. there is a TSB too.

Anyone have this with their ISF?

sorry, no, mines straight and true. Keep us posted with information though. Do you have an isf? I ask as your photo isn't an isf. Is there anyone in the wider is (non f) forum with the problem? Lots more of those about so more likely to have someone with the same. It must be very annoying not least of which on new tyres as i dare say its not doing them much good and to burn through a set coz of uneven wear is an expensive pastime. Good luck..

yeah i have an ISF, just never got a chance to change my pic on here.

As there are more ISF's in the States there are loads of posts about this on the forums there. The has been a TSB for this too.

these the guys yeah? http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/wheels-alignment.php. If so then, and sorry to repeat myself to a certain extent, then surely they can tell if something is bent, broken or incorrectly set up. I just dont understand how a professional geo team (and they sound like they know their stuff) cant diagnose the problem.... I'm no rac car mechanic or driving god but for the car to pull left, one of the four wheels has to be doing something it shouldn't be.

It's going ths Saturday to be checked over again. They did the geo on the car 1 week after I bought it and it was a dream. Only started after the tyres were changed. Their knowledge can't be beaten. The tracking was done by a tyre place local to me who I have known for years and all looks perfect and with in spec of what Lexus say. WIM is a treck for me so wanted to see if I can sort locally before taking a trip there

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links