Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much Would You Offer For This Isf?

If all goes well I'll be looking at this isf this week.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251373403283?redirect=mobile

How much would you offer?

It has bad a few minor stone chips touched in as you would expect, it will come with mot and service but no tax and I am part exchanging a car worth about 500 pounds.

I can pay cash so no finance but does that offer me more bargaining power?

Stu

SteveT is bang on. I got paid out 18K for my 75K 2008 F in August when they wrote it off. so this ones value is about 18.5K -19K I would reckon. Also note that it may be due a service at 50K which would be a minor. the next at 60K is the big one..a few extra jobs bump the price up. May worth using as a negotiating tool.

Hi there I have looked at this isf as it's near to me. He seems a genuine nice chap and the car is pretty good and I am very fussy. Couple little marks nothing major, only thing was one of the wheels had been curbed by himself whilst driving it but said he would get these refurbed when it's sold. I tried to negotiate a deal with my RX400h as part ex, he was £2k better than what lexus offered me but decided to keep the RX , isf in a few years time for me.

He,s had it a while now so you never know.

Sounds like a good deal can be had. Just a note on the wheels. As standard have a lovely mirror type finish to them, something that was somewhat lost on the front pair of mine when they were refurbished by the Lexus dealer I had if from. Just something to look out for.

Thanks for the replies. That's good to know. May go in at a cheeky 17.5 plus my car and go from there.

Looks like I may have the option of extending warranty, is this worth doing as they seem like very reliable cars?

See my other post regarding the part Lexus service history that stops in 2010 at Tonbridge Wells.

Looks like Lexus did the run-in, 10K and 20K mile servicing. Not sure who the owner(s) got to do the servicing since then? Hopefully the dealer has the paperwork/stamps in the book for you to look at.

I know some would be put off by this, but maybe it's a bargaining chip to get it for a good price?

I'll probably look at it in a few weeks time if it's not sold before then.

Cheers.

Peter

there's a similar one of auto trader at th moment, might be worth a look too. My main advice is know your max price, say 18500 which is ten+ percent off sticker price. Do the dance, offer and then walk away when they say no, which they will. I had to wait a few days but the dealer called me back and accepted the offer. There are not many folks buying isfs so they wont want to lose the sale. They do this for a living and will be very very good at persuading you to spend more. Do not be sucked in to the moment. Tax ain't cheap on these things either!

Cheers fellas. Off to the dealer tomorrow to have a look and hopefully do a deal. 18.5 is the max i think its worth. Will see how it goes and report back tomorrow.

Hope I don't make it obvious I want the beast! Lol

Hi mate is it the one 8 miles from me you looking at tomorrow? Bradwell ? If so like I said it was pretty good apart from curbing on wheel, I know he was offered £17 k a while back but turned that down. But he has had it a while and sure if you stick to your guns can get it for what you looking to spend. Me I would start at £17 k and see what he says. Weather here tomorrow looking cloudy but dry in morning turning sunny towards afternoon.

i was very enthusiastic when buying mine, i wanted an isf and the one i was looking at seemed ideal. But i just made sure that he knew i was not a time waster, i didn't even drive it), but i also made it clear it was business, and there are always more cars available, even rare ones like these. when we agreed the price it was subject to a drive... Good luck. Its one hell of a car for the money. I'm out in mine tomorrow and weather permitting hope to hear that induction roar!

Have you considered taking your part ex out of the equation?

With a value of £500, I can't see it being something a dealer would really want on his hands, you'd probably be better off disposing of it yourself and going for a straight cash deal.

Have you considered taking your part ex out of the equation?

With a value of £500, I can't see it being something a dealer would really want on his hands, you'd probably be better off disposing of it yourself and going for a straight cash deal.

It is 500 for them in p/x but 1k sold by dealers. Good thought though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links