Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi

mine is not LPG'd but the general consensus (from what ive read here) is that the make of the system does not matter - its how well its fitted and calibrated which effects performance - i think this is the system profess generally fit and there hasnt been any cases of component or system failure. If i was to get a system fitted i would be happy to go for it.

Have you decided not to sell it then?

Do it.

Choose your system and installer wisely (both are as equal as eachother)

For example my KME system will probably break just like a Prins system will, just like OMVL and Stag will too

But which will be the cheapest to fix when it does break.

Common faults are injectors getting contaminated and the rubber seals inside the injectors wear easily

Matrix injectors have brass flaps with no seals so this eliminates this.

Solenoids from time to time can break and short out and with some systems when this happens it can damage an ECU

EGas has the biggest problem with this

OMVL vaporisers (same as on Marks LS400) have a vacuum system on them same as all the rest of them, however on OMVL vaporisers they have a little rubber seal which when it gets old it leaks gas into the manifold backwards down the vacuum pipe.

This can cause no end of problems from the car taking longer to turn over to running rich.

KME pressure sensor - Now on my old car I had the old KME pressure sensor and it lasted 23 months (just inside warranty!!!!) I don't know what happened to it but it got an intermittent fault. KME have since upgraded their pressure sensors and I have the new one on my LS400. Not aware of any current faults with these ones

And the rest is down to installer - Putting low power vaporisers on a car that demands the power just won't work. 6mm pipe and the car will run out of steam too.

I feel that AEB systems are becoming out of date now and the way forward is the Polish systems as we all know the Polish attitude is if it doesn't fit we will make it fit

(Be carefull what we say now as my girlfriend is Polish !!!)

However on Prins if a part on the gas system breaks you MUST change it like for like and it must be programmed in

With KME and Stag they are so adaptable for almost anything you want to put with that ECU after all it is Polish !!

Take a look at these photos - this is how many different injectors you can put with the KME system. I am sure Stag is the same too

I would get it converted. It is very important that you use an installer who has done LSs before. I used Birmingham Autogas as he had an LS430 which he converted himself. He had done loads of lexuses and I had a three week wait. Best thing I ever did. I never had a problem except for a solenoid which he replaced for free the same day I took it to him.

Ifty

Stag system "can be" very good

Stag is the name of the ECU and electronics parts

It is not like BRC or OMVL or Prins

Whereas if you buy OMVL you get an OMVL ECU OMVL injectors OMVL vaporiser

Stag is just the electronics

When people say the word Stag it is normally associated with a Tomassetto vaporiser and OMVL injectors. That particular vaporiser will not keep up with the power a LS400 demands.

If you ask the question what system are you fitting and the answer is Stag then ask the question what vaporiser and what injectors. Then you can make the decision on whether it is good or not.

That should be fine.

You have seen the pictures under the bonnet of mine and also Marks so you have something to go off

Marks has the same system that you are being offered so he is best to talk to about the reliability of the system

I paid £1600 for mine with flash lube and I had a OMVL system. Works a treat and I have just returned from London after two days of driving in the city and two hours of stand still traffic. In total I did 315 miles out of which 278 was LPG AT A COST OF £36.10. Lol Happy days.

£1090 is really cheap unless prices have dropped.

Ifty

£1090 all in. Is that a good price?

£1090 sounds too cheap. I have hana injectors on mine as they are better than the omvl ones. Profess also give a life time parts & labour warranty on their systems. So if something wears out its replaced for free. Mine has run fine now for 12.000 miles & am happy with the install & more importantly the service I receive from profess.

I would advise either Adams Dad or Profess to do the install. if you go down the profess route ask for hana injectors.

• Like 1

I would have had it converted by Adams father, but I live in birmingham, and in think he lives abit far from me, also I've only got this week and next week of work, and doubt he could even fit me in

All these different companies that do lpg, brc, prinns, stag, zenith, talking about zenith pro, one installer did say he can put zenith pro on my car using Hana injectors, and free flash lube, I don't know if zenith are any good

Thats not too bad is it

Do you have links for the companies you have asked so far. I am just being nosey but would like to see the different sytems up and running on different cars :P

Hope whoever you go with does your car the justice it deserves

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links