Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wave Goodbye To The Tax Disc After 93 Years

IHgs300

It's the petrol price rise con all over again.

When gallons changed to litres, the increases seemed a lot smaller at budget time.

They are now introducing monthly payments for car tax, so increase divided by twelve seems far less significant.

Bunch of shysters.

• Like 1

On the Radio yesterday,some Government spokesman/ wallah,stated, that as there would obviously be no obvious visible tax disc displayed, the presence of static camera vans,would be increased, - hang on- was that a cow I just saw,jumping over the Moon?........

Not much point in having it, there aren't any police left to spot out of date discs. My Dad would be worried if he were still with us, I remember him using a Buckley's Brewery label for a tax disc for ages, partially obscured by a windscreen wiper, or the last resort, a note saying "tax in post"

What they are saying is that the politicians and the bankers have ripped off ordinary folks off so much, that many of us can no longer afford to pay for six months tax, let alone twelve months.

Truly the last person to enter parliament with honest intentions was Guy Fawkes

• Like 4

There is seriously no point for having a tax disc in your window. When i moved house it was around the same time my tax was due, it was sent to my old address and couldnt be arsed to pay for a duplicate so had a out of date disc in my window for 6 months. i didnt care because i knew the car was taxed via the electronic database and no cop would even notice the date on the disc, in fact im not sure how they really checked before the database, i mean you cant exactly read them driving past

• Like 1

There is seriously no point for having a tax disc in your window. When i moved house it was around the same time my tax was due, it was sent to my old address and couldnt be arsed to pay for a duplicate so had a out of date disc in my window for 6 months. i didnt care because i knew the car was taxed via the electronic database and no cop would even notice the date on the disc, in fact im not sure how they really checked before the database, i mean you cant exactly read them driving past

They went purely by colour from a distance. Obviously it wasn't a full proof method but it did give them first indication that all might not be legal with that car.

Don't forget that it is, under the current system, an offence to not display a valid tax disc even if the vehicle is taxed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links