Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Whifbitz Add Isf To Website!

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/lexus/is-f.html

We're also looking into exhaust options in the new year.

Nice to have a UK based tuner with over 10yrs experience providing ISF tuning and service parts.

I'll be trying the Porterfield road pads when I need new ones. They were very good on my Supra's.

If anyone needs something specific that's not listed, drop a message on this thread, and I'll see what they can offer.

Cheers.

Pete :)

Hey Stu.

Yes, I suggested to Paul that there would be a market for him with the ISF.

He decided to go with it though.

Just nice to have a UK tuner with plenty of knowledge, contacts, and experience looking out for us. He won't be mega cheap, but his aftercare, customer service, and ability to fabricate parts if needed, puts him in a good position to help us out.

Take the brakes. Lexus quoted me over £900 for front discs & pads, and £750 for rears! Whifbitz can supply the same OEM brembo discs and either OEM, Porterfield or Hawk pads for less. I'm sure they would fit them for a fair price as well, at either Enfield or their soon to open Wales unit?

Discs and pads are not rocket science! Most competent garages should be able to do the job properly.

The Porterfield pads are less than OEM, but should be better. Time will tell I guess.

I'm just keen to get an exhaust on to properly hear the V8. Was doing research today as you can tell from my post.

The company get great reviews but their garage looks a bit school boy. Will wait to see what this lot can do exhaust wise. If we can get a few members interested may be worth his while. Like we know already, only issue may be tail pipes. I am sure people like power flow (suite I know) offer that shape though so im sure they can manage something.

Want my intake yesterday! lol

I'm sure we can come up with something good for the exhaust including the tailpipes Stu. :)

Labour for fitting discs & pads is approx £60+vat per axle. Would be more if anything is seized, or if the system needs to be bled etc.

Still works out around half the cost quoted by Lexus.

I've volunteered to go halves on the R&D costs for the exhaust by the way. Just hope there are enough owners out there that will make use of a UK based tuner.

£288 for labour is about the same as Lexus. I did mine myself in about 2 hours altogether. Lexus originally quoted £540 in parts and £260 labour.

Would be great if more owners would make use of a UK tuner but I would only think about 5% would tune their cars, that's 10 at the most. I have had my cars tuned in the past but to me the ISF is perfect as it is. Couldn't turn down the cheap Takeda I got though!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comments. :)

Lexus quoted me £909.28 for the fronts, £764.38 for the rears.

Whifbitz works out at £455.10 for the fronts, and £321.92 for the rears.

Labour for the fronts and rears works out at £150 approx?

I know what you mean about tuning what is arguably a very sorted car from the start, but the purpose isn't to fit neon's, spinners, tea tray spoilers etc. Far from it.

These are bpu parts to enhance the few areas that can be improved. The fact that an induction kit can give around 15-25HP alone, means the OEM system has to be very restrictive.

I've pre-warned Paul that this won't be anything like the Evo, Supra, Impreza scene, as there are relatively few ISF's on the road here or anywhere in Europe for that matter.

He isn't expecting much from the ISF in terms of sales and profits. It's probably more a favour to me having known him for years.

Must admit I did think there would be a bit more interest than this though. :(

In terms of tuning this car, it will suffer the same way the Mazda MPS series does. Not massively well know compared to M3's etc. It is Lexus's first real performance car and they are not known for these sorts of cars.

It needs to build a head of steam and the more F'f they release the more of a following it will get.

I usually re-map, change wheels, tweak the exterior, change suspension, change exhausts, intakes etc etc.

All i am doing to this car is the intake as want more sound and the exhaust as the fake tips irritate me. If the exhaust had real tips i would probably leave it. The rest of the car is epic and in my mind doesn't need changing.

Stu

Couldn't agree more Stu. :)

I am only looking to do the intake, exhaust, KW coilovers and the Apexi throttle controller.

I will however look to save money on brake discs and pads, as I can't justify the costs from Lexus for these relatively straightforward consumables.

The annual servicing will still be done by Lexus to keep the service history all main dealer. I will also probably get tires from Lexus, as they seem reasonable.

If you take the KW coilovers as just one example, why would you buy from a US tuner and pay a fortune for shipping, import tax, duty etc when they are made in Germany?!

You also have a lot more peace of mind with having a well known UK tuner involved if there are any warranty issues (pricey to ship things back and forth to the States!).

I have no interest in changing the looks or doing anything to detract from what is already a very capable performance saloon.

Seem to be the coilover of choice in the States from what I have read.

Some are using Tein or BC, but KW are very good. Used by Porsche, Audi, BMW and lots of others.

Bit more expensive, but worth the money IMHO.

These are bpu parts to enhance the few areas that can be improved. The fact that an induction kit can give around 15-25HP alone, means the OEM system has to be very restrictive.

The induction kits give no power gains at all. There was an extensive test done in the states (will have look if I can find it). They tested about 5 different systems inc Takeda & Joez on a rolling road and the stock intake gave the most power. All the rest were down on power. They are just for the sound.

Interesting. Guessing it's the exhaust that's restrictive then?? Seen dyno results that show around 490HP with only an induction kit and a performance exhaust fitted.

Be interested to read that test if you can find it Steve.

Thanks.

Peter

This is very exciting! Whifbitz are 5 mins from me and spoken to Paul a few times about my old cars and the brakes for the F. Although he hasn't worked out cheaper before, if he started a line of parts for the car on the site and built up a knowledge of the car then I am sure I would be spending a few quid with them on the F!!

This is very exciting! Whifbitz are 5 mins from me and spoken to Paul a few times about my old cars and the brakes for the F. Although he hasn't worked out cheaper before, if he started a line of parts for the car on the site and built up a knowledge of the car then I am sure I would be spending a few quid with them on the F!!

That makes 3 of us! Lol

Peter. As the f is a N/A car those gains don't sound right at all. Turbo cars with map, intake, decat will only gain 30-50 bhp depending on car.

+1 The most out of an ISF without forced induction is about 450 bhp with a decat.

Even that sounds a lot! 30 bhp gain with no map? I'd be surprised if intake and decat added more than 15hp.

For me it's not about chasing ponies with this car. That usually is a goal but this car doesn't need it. I just want a little more drama when playing in the sound department :0)

Does anyone know what the score is regarding the number of cat's in the OEM ISF exhaust system?? Does it have 4 like the GTR for example?

If so, would probably look at doing a de-cat to remove the pre-cat's, but retain the other 2 to keep it road legal.

I'm with you Stu on not trying to gain much HP. Just trying to hone what is already there and get a nice soundtrack from that lovely V8! ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links