Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Condensation On Sunroof And Drips Onto Centre Console Front

hi All i have a 54 plate rx300 and wondered if its normal to experience condesation from the sunroof etc which seems to then drop a few drops of water onto front of centre console ?

any help or advice appreciated

Certainly no expert but usually when this sort of thing happens it tends to be the seals gone and in your case the ones around the sunroof.

Best to get it checked, you could try a local sunroof company but you'll probably end up at the Lexus dealership because if it is the seals perished I bet you can only replace them via Lexus!

Best to get it sorted though

Certainly agree it shouldn't happen. It may be the seals but also may be the drains. In my old Saab 900 there were 4 drains (one form each corner of the channel around the opening) which drained into the ends of the cills. There was a small valved rubber outlet in the cill which often got blocked with mud etc. Also moss etc could collect in the top of the drains. They were easy to clear using a flexible curtain rail (the stretchy sort like a coil spring) pushed in to the top of the drains and then wash the valve at the bottom and squeeze it to work out any mud. Beware if they have to take out the sunroof to fix any leaking seals as this involves removing most of the lining inside the car including air-bags etc. I have this done a few days ago to fix a broken small bracket in the sunroof which had jammed it and burned out the motor and broken the operating cable. I was told it took about 20 hours labour - happily doen under warranty.

It maybe just a condensation problem, if your
getting a lot of condensation on all your windows then try leaving the A/C on
all the time, this will help to dry out the air in your car and reduce condensation,
however if it just coming from your sunroof then take advice from above

I would always leave aircon on as the effect on MPH is, in my experience, insignificant and it not only ensure the seals on the system keep well lubricated and thus don't leak and cost a lot to replace but alo is much moire comfy as it keeps the air dry when its cold and wet outside.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links