Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Personalised Reg Plate

phunt

Hi all,when i bought my car it came with a personal reg plate,i have gone to a few reg plate sites and they are offering to sell it for me for around £500 and ive seen one i want that is only £350 my question is if i let them sell it and they are sucessful wat reg would be given to my car untill i purchase the one i want? would it just revert back to its original T plate?any advice would be great cheerz :)

It does not follow that you will get the old plate back. you will be assigned an "age related" plate for you car when you take the private one off. I know people who put their old plate on retention to keep the "orriginality" I guess but DVLA will give you a plate free gratis and for nowt!

:P

What plate you selling??

Might get a buyer for it on here... :shifty:

hi mate

regarding your reg plate it will not sell overnight it may take months they will advertise it for the quote they give you and when it does sell it would be quicker if its on retention,you should get the original plate back on the car that it was first registered with and the one thats for sale that you have seen have a look on dvlas own site as if its a dealer he will be adding his cut on top most regestrations on dvlas site start at £249 and thats even the transfer to the car included

if you want anymore info drop me a line

john

Yes it should be given its old/original plate back.

Why dont you sort a new reg out before selling

the plate thats on it now?

ive had one where it was given the original plate back

and another where it got a new number, no reason for either i think it is pot luck

i once had a car that had had 5 different reg nos. and was only three years old

had been exported and imported back, had two service books, the previous owner was a european rep of some kind :crybaby:

If you buy a plate but don't have a car to put it on, you can simply place it on a retention certificate which costs £25 each year.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to getting the same registration as the car had previously, i've moved my plate about 4 times now and only got the original back once, all the others were just age equivalent.

If these people say they will sell your reg for you be prepared for a long wait as previously said, it could take months, either advertise it privately or put it in an auction if you want shot of it quicker :)

Just a few nuggets i've learned about buying and selling plates over the last few years :) my best was M 80XTA which i sold to a guy with a boxter when they first came out made £2000 on it :D

If these people say they will sell your reg for you be prepared for a long wait as previously said, it could take months, either advertise it privately or put it in an auction if you want shot of it quicker :)

Thanx for the info, were would i find one ov these auctions?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links