Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is The Latest Disc I Can Get For Satnav For 2005 Gs300

I have a 55 plate gs300 and bought a new 13/14 disc from the dealer (lexus stoke)

unfortunately it was approx £140

the disc set was a 4 dvd set for most of europe

Why is the disc out of date?

Paris is still where Paris was as is Birmingham !

Send the money if you wish, but all that has changed is the introduction of "ring roads" or by passes.

Enjoy what you have and experience the joy/pleasure of finding out where you are !!

Regards

John

Why is the disc out of date?

Paris is still where Paris was as is Birmingham !

Send the money if you wish, but all that has changed is the introduction of "ring roads" or by passes.

Enjoy what you have and experience the joy/pleasure of finding out where you are !!

Regards

John

London may be where where London has always been, but buildings are knocked down and roads changed. One way systems are re-arranged. All this makes following the satnav challenging

TD

Indeed. Here in Gloucester one of the main routes into the city is now closed to all traffic other than buses, taxies & Cycles. Other vehicles attract a £60 fine. The City Council are making a fortune from people who are sent that way by out of date sat nav maps.

To get back to the original question, I believe that even the latest version of disc would work in a 2005 GS, though I am not sure that the graphics will improve, as seems the case on later versions of the car itself. As for price, I have seen "backup copies" of the DVD's advertised online for about £25

Go to http://lexus-mapupdates.eu/ find you new part number for the disk required You will need your original cd part code and you can get this from the CD changer in the glove box. (At least that's where it is on my 450h). when you have the part number buy one on eBay for half the price.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just got one for my rx ,from seller joker4791 on eBay in Germany, genuine Lexus E18 single disc version 2 for Western Europe. Got it for £65 including postage ,he's got lots of different ones,obviously split up the 4 pack and sells them separately ,ordered mine last Thursday at midday, in and working at 09.15 on the Tuesday morning.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links