Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Full Closure

Scorpion

Well my mate has finally done it,i knew he would, he just needed time,

(without workshop manual)he had his sons car(IS 200) and played

around with it and sussed it all out.Hopefully i can get a short video

of it soon and will post a.s.a.p as soon as he's back from his hols.

And it will be on mine soon too...................cant wait!!!!!!

One more mod bites the dust

How's he done it Pete?

What concerns me (and the reason I've not done it yet) is that other than the drivers window, there are no pulse sensors on the windings. How does it know the position of the window? If it doesn't and just applies power, then with the windows already up and the closure kicking in, it takes a whopping 12amp + per window. This isn't healthy on the mechanics of the windings or the Battery. I was looking at current sensing, but if the rubber is very dry (as on a hot day) they would shut down so never persued it as I've moved onto a few other things.

Has he used the pulse from the ECU? If so, how has he controlled the power feed - this also controls the ABS and SRS, which cocks up the alarm when the windows close and it shuts it down. It's hard wired at the rear of the disi panel so you get a reverse feed. Being hard wired, The control I mean, not the feeds, so you can't put a diode in. I'm trying to avoid another feed on the output side (of the power control relay).

Does it check the tilt and the slide of the sunroof in either position? I've sussed that side of it ok, I'm just concerned about sensing the windows are closed.

I'm not being critical here at all, just really interested. I'd get so far, then find that there was a lot more in the background going on.

Duncan has done his well, with a good system of switches.

What's involved? A circuit that connects to the system, or hard wires to the Windows themselves? Are you going to post a full diagram?

O.K,now when i posted this article it was'nt to rub peeps noses in it coz we all know how long peeps have been working on it especially Geoffers,it was never a race to see who could do it first,it's a nice mod to have and i'm sure someone in the club will work it out soon.The mod has been in place now for a couple of weeks and there are no issues with it at the moment,it all works just as it was intended to.

Geoffers. if i knew how he did it i would gladly give the info to club members but alas my knowledge of electronics/

electrics especially auto are ZERO,dont forget, he is not a member this mod was done for his son and i mentioned that members have tried for ages to do this.I asked for the workshop manual a few months ago(i believe you had access to this)as he wanted to have a look at it to suss it out it would have taken him a couple of hours to do so,now if i was given the manual this would of been a BENEFIT to the club as he PROBABLY would of helped people out? you know the type of thing, favour for a favour?

Now,speaking to him today he is willing to do the mod for members, at a reduced cost.......but then coz he wont come across with the mod details for the club, will anybody take up this option? i will ...

Canter....the sunroof WILL/DOES close so no probs there then!!!!!

Who knows you may be able to see it at the London meet(Ace Cafe)this Tuesday.

Oh.... and i took a video clip of it yesterday,but i'm having probs with the computer so as soon as its sorted i will post it.

I asked for the workshop manual a few months ago(i believe you had access to this)as he wanted to have a look at it to suss it out it would have taken him a couple of hours to do so,now if i was given the manual this would of been a BENEFIT to the club as he PROBABLY would of helped people out? you know the type of thing, favour for a favour?

Pete - calm down - I DID send him the details that he asked for.

I more than understand for the benefit of the club, etc. which is why I mailed him every page I had to do with the windows, sunroof and ECU after you asked. I sent them on May 11, 2003 at 01:28am ..... it's still in my sent items. I only had the manual for a day anyway - I sent it straight to TDI because they needed it pronto.

I'm not asking how he did it, I don't expect him to give out that information willy-nilly - that's not the hard part, I've done all that - the difficulty is reading the position of the window so there is no long term damage either to the winding or Battery.

I too wish to use this for the benefit of the club, which is why I sent the details. As with my mirror closure, I will design and give full details of it all - it's not something I would keep to myself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links