Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Below is a pic of my drivers side front wing on my 99 LS400.

It was done by one of a large gang of yobs who caused havoc on Halloween night.

I think a s/h wing of the right colour would be better than trying to fill/spray the existing panel, so if anybody has one, or comes across one on their travels, I'd love to hear about it.

IMAG0172_zpsc60683af.jpg

post-41798-0-11003100-1391562131_thumb.j

There is osf wing for sale on eBay but in silver, probebly cost you about £100 to get it resprayed though

Yeah, I imagine getting a wing would be quite easy, but then, as you say, would need paint, which is extra expense and probably not as good a match as one in the correct colour.

I might have to go down that route, or as Malc suggests, get a quote for a "smart" repair possibly, but, for the moment, it only affects the look of the car, so can hang on a while in the hope of a suitable wing coming up.

In my favour is the fact that it seems to be the most common colour.

Cant help with repair of wing other than to reiterate the suggestions above.

Colour matches today as long as its done by a reputable paint supplier/repairers it used to be in the bad old days.

My commiseration s though for the damage your car has sustained. Its bad enough when you do the damage yourself (still not your fault though) but when its just some bored scroat who hasn't got anything better to do other than mess someone elses life about.

Good luck with which ever route you take. Mike

• Like 1

I'd get that repaired - not a big deal for a good body shop. It would probably cost about £200.

Pete

I agree. Michael, I notice you live in Sussex. My indie in Angmering is a wizard with both the spray gun and spanner and knows LS 400s inside and out. I you are interested just let me know. I recommend him very highly.

Pepe

• Like 1

I'd get that repaired - not a big deal for a good body shop. It would probably cost about £200.

Pete

I agree. Michael, I notice you live in Sussex. My indie in Angmering is a wizard with both the spray gun and spanner and knows LS 400s inside and out. I you are interested just let me know. I recommend him very highly.

Pepe

Thanks Pepe, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm actually sharing my time between S.Wales and Eastbourne at the moment, as our buyers are struggling with their sale.

Can't wait to be in Sussex full time, where my two vehicles will be off road at night, tucked away in a quiet cul de sac.

I'll probably hold off repairing until then, as I'd hate to fix it, then have the same happen again!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links