Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back To A 400 With An Uncanny Twist

well I sold my gs300 before xmas with the intention of going back to the ls400 ,after much searching and realising how scarce they are becoming I saw a nice 99 plate with the dhp pack like the one I owned 2 yrs ago ,I arranged to view and was pleasantly gobsmacked on my arrival to see it was infact my old car with another 25k on but still in ex cond ,only issue is a slight knocking noise when braking on front nearside only on braking not over bumps or anything ,any ideas on that one

• Like 1

That's some coincidence!

I found the knocking on my 1994 was due to dry caliper slider pins but I can't remember if the series 4 has the same type of calipers.

I can't see it being much and also a useful price bargaining tool.

Great colour, same as mine and it would have been my last choice in colours but as the car was in great condition FSH etc. I gave in on the colour and glad I did as when she goes for a good clean up she still looks like a million dollars. Well Done. Mike

As long as the key you have is the master key, programming another is easy.

1. sitting in driver seat, with driver's door OPEN, press lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR to lock all doors, then manually unlock driver door only.
2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, then remove key.
3. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles
4. Shut door.
5. Open door.
6. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, again slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles
7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to 'on' position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.
8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once by herself). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.
9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, then release the button. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.
10. Close the door.
11. Open the door.
12. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should do a lock-unlock cycle.
13. Close the door
14. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock.
15. Press unlock button and the doors should unlock.

before it gets successfully programmed, you may hear a 10-second long beep which did take me by surprise! I thought I was in big trouble but all is good.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links