Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

are you all aware that Lexus dealers sell parts on eBay !!!!, I have never had any dodgy stuff from eBay , get real people... eBay is just a online shopping plaza like brent cross or lake side.... just check the seller out before you buy.

Allan

• 3 months later...

Hi

New to the club....

Related question to satnav.....

Does anyone have a broken dvd loader available?

I brought my 07 is220d se-l at weekend, and found the problem with the sat nav....

Stripped down unit (and half the dash) to find the clicking noise is from winder cogs with missing teeth, the disc sliding ratchet broken and a couple of suspension springs missing. Hoping to strip another unit and swap these low cost parts across.... otherwise its $200 for a new panasonic loader...

Loader pn 86421-53030

Thanks

Tony

Hi

If the eBay link is for myself, then fyi the optical part seems to work fine. Its the winder mechanism that is damaged, so dvd loads but cant drop onto thd spindle. Managed to frig the drive with tape to force it to scan the disc and at least give that dealer service required english/japanese message...

Suspect someone previously tried to eject disc with clock unit still in place, which broke the ratchet and cog teeth... noticed little bezel marks just below clock unit and those missing suspension springs....

Shame Nobody seems to have created a dummy dvd nav drive that actually uses sd card or usb stick.... bit like a car version of virtual clonedrive for windows...

Thought i would try you guys first before spending some cash in far east.....

Tony

I'd be tempted to go with a 2012 onwards disc if you can find one. It will definitely let you input whilst on the move and be more current regarding the roads. A lot has changed since 2009.

Hi everyone...

Do you know if the 2012 (or later) disc changes any of this....

Enable Bluetooth a2dp audio streaming?

Allow 7 digit postcode searches?

Asked 3 local dealers who could only remember the price, not what the disc actually changed...

my nav dvd is 2006/2007. My dvd screen is 86111-53070, the dvd loader unit is 86421-53030. Not sure what firmware release i have, but suspect c2007 as disc is that age...

Trying to decide to fix/update existing nav kit or buy s 3rd party unit with win6 or android and similar functions that my smartphone offers in car mode.

Thanks

Tony

Earlier this year I bought an October 2002 IS200 Sportcross Lexus. I don't have a disc for the SatNav, and have to assume the version is the same vintage as the car. Does anyone know if I can install the latest version SatNav and if so how do I do it? The Lexus website didn't seem to show my SatNav screen and without a CD reference I couldn't proceed anyway.

Cheers

Oxo

Earlier this year I bought an October 2002 IS200 Sportcross Lexus. I don't have a disc for the SatNav, and have to assume the version is the same vintage as the car. Does anyone know if I can install the latest version SatNav and if so how do I do it? The Lexus website didn't seem to show my SatNav screen and without a CD reference I couldn't proceed anyway.

Cheers

Oxo

Probably best to get one via your local dealer who can determine the correct disc based on the vehicle's VIN

• 3 weeks later...

The mechanic has located the satnav box in the boot but tells me it has stood so long it is not possible to remove the disc. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the disc out without damaging the unit; or where I could pick up a replacement unit, perhaps as a spare part? I gather a new unit is horribly expensive, and my car is 11 years old.

I currently have version 1 and I do appreciate the precise destination by inputting the street and number. Can anyone confirm whether an updated version for my IS Sportcross year 2002 would retain that facility whilst also accepting a postcode?

Cheers

Oxo

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links