Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aquamist

asinn

so does that mean high octane fuel is silly?

High octane fuel is juice for the righteous.

Basic fact - the higher the octane the more ignition advance (more power and better economy) you will get.

Every Lexi that lives and breathes has automatic ignition control which senses engine knock. If you are using low octane fuel the ignition automatically retards which loses power and economy - and visa versa.

Funny thing is that although super unleaded fuel is more expensive, the economy is better so the overall running costs are about the same.

Dude,

you are a mine of information! but get back to me on that purge kit price if you will...

Cheers!

:zee:

Also, what is the Gold member price for a dyno run at TDI?

once you switch to super you need to reset your ECU or run through a couple of tanks before the timing is advanced to take advantage of the more powerful fuel.

It normally works out about the same cost (maybe slightly cheaper using 95RON) but as you get more mpg on super you don't have to fill up as much.

Both Gears Dave..

I think you should try and heads up to ACE tomorrow to show us your NOS example... :)

Did a 70 to 100 in 5th at 5.5 seconds in 6th twas 8.5 secs......timng system was one and two and three and (spoken slowly)

still o 1st bottle.................

but get back to me on that purge kit price if you will...

I was under the impression that you didn't like the Hi Power stuff that we sell :question:

We are in the process of replacing our dyno hopefully before Christmas - better wait until then so that we can test up to 1600hp. BTW automatics are very difficult to give an accurate power figure.

but get back to me on that purge kit price if you will...

I was under the impression that you didn't like the Hi Power stuff that we sell :question:

We are in the process of replacing our dyno hopefully before Christmas - better wait until then so that we can test up to 1600hp. BTW automatics are very difficult to give an accurate power figure.

Hey, if you don't want my business..... :o :unsure::crybaby:

So no rolling roads this year then? :crying::crybaby:

Guess I'll have to try those chaps at Silverstone...

:zee:

Hey, if you don't want my business..... :o :unsure::crybaby:

So no rolling roads this year then? :crying::crybaby:

Guess I'll have to try those chaps at Silverstone...

Hey Loz I didn't say I didn't want your business, I said I didn't think you liked Hi Power stuff.

If I didn't want your business I would have gone out of my way to price up the heat resistance stuff you asked me about.

We still have our 4x4 rolling road if you want to make a booking, but the new machine will be much better. There is a 6 week waiting list at the moment if you did want to make a booking.

Rejoice again at the choice of who you can do business with ;)

If I didn't want your business I would have gone out of my way to price up the heat resistance stuff you asked me about.

Damn, I thought you had!!

(only kidding, pal :winky: )

so how much for goldie on the rolling roadie then ?

ANd is there a discount of I get a noz fill up at then same time?

Guess we'd be looking mid october? :winky: Saturday am. 18th?

Damn, I thought you had!!

(only kidding, pal :winky: )

so how much for goldie on the rolling roadie then ?

ANd is there a discount of I get a noz fill up at then same time?

Guess we'd be looking mid october? :winky: Saturday am. 18th?

That's a typo - I did go out of my way to price it up for you.

Dyno time is £76 plus vat per hour less 10% gold member deal. The cost will depend on what you want us to do - just a power run or look at the nitrous calibration. A power run takes about 30 mins.

Sorry mate - no discount on the gas though. I have heard that it is very scarce at the moment (but I won't raise our prices to take advantage though ;) )

18th October is currently free - please call or PM if you want a booking.

loz dont forget that NOS cools the inlet charge too. quite a lot of people who run forced induction use it in small amounts as a coolant for the inlet charge but it gives the added benifit of more power too. i'm looking at it for ten of the best next year

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links