Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aquamist

asinn

i heard that after installing water injection system, the engine can run more advance ignition timing which can produce more power

is this true?

i am goin to tune my is200 with emanage after installing the water injection, does anyone think this is a good idea?

does anyone know any disadvantages after installing water injection system?

The main advantage of cold water injection is that you can use more boost at the same ignition advance, or more ignition advance at the same boost pressure. Both will theoretically give more power but the is200 has other limitations - which is another story ;)

Dave

Is'nt yours fast enough.... Give others a chance :D

How much faster is your lex now with the NOS :question:

0-60 time :question:

70-100 time :question:

Is your kit based on the 100i kit ? with extra gubbins..

Well.........you always want more.........

0-60 has never bothered me to much strain on the drive train etc

not done a 70 -100 yet what gear ? 5th or 6th........

did 100 to 130 in about 10 secs (not sure as was looking road !!) being tight the gas was'nt for too long !

Had a good run on the A24 today......hit the gas as a M&&powered Vectra tried to get by.........at the next r/bout he looked at me puzzled (was a 2.5) as he turned off.

On water injection seems a logical step for a few more extra gee gees & its on all the time :whistling:

Still on the 1st bottle........

not sure about W/I on a N/A. gives most benifit an a forced induction engine as you can use higher boost without detonation occuring. as compressing air causes an increase in air temps forced induction engines are more responsive to W/I. on a N/A engine relocating the air box and or insulating the induction tract and supplying cold air will give the same benifit at less cost.

side effects of W/I? none unless you inject too much as it causes accelerated bore wear as the water scratches the bores if not properly atomised.

if you are installing a W/I kit then install a seperate water tank in the boot or behind a wing. dont be tempted to use the washer bottle as screen wash doesn't do the system much good.

pure methanol however is very good mixed up to a 50/50 methanol/ water mixture (dont use more than 50% methanol. this give improved in cylinder cooling and also acts as an octane booster.

just my 2p worth

Both Gears Dave..

I think you should try and heads up to ACE tomorrow to show us your NOS example... :)

Would do...........am keen to show it off.........

but am training all in Worthing and by the time i get home eat etc twill be laaaaaaaaaaaaate.

Will have a go on the 70-100 time tomorrow (conditions permitting........)

not sure about W/I on a N/A. gives most benifit an a forced induction engine as you can use higher boost without detonation occuring. as compressing air causes an increase in air temps forced induction engines are more responsive to W/I. on a N/A engine relocating the air box and or insulating the induction tract and supplying cold air will give the same benifit at less cost.

side effects of W/I? none unless you inject too much as it causes accelerated bore wear as the water scratches the bores if not properly atomised.

if you are installing a W/I kit then install a seperate water tank in the boot or behind a wing. dont be tempted to use the washer bottle as screen wash doesn't do the system much good.

pure methanol however is very good mixed up to a 50/50 methanol/ water mixture (dont use more than 50% methanol. this give improved in cylinder cooling and also acts as an octane booster.

just my 2p worth

With Nos being a type of forced induction, would you recomend it? also...what other liquids would go in the water system?? (other than Vodka...) Could you put meths in there? ( is it cheaper) and could you put a high ron fuel in there?

Loz

hi, anyone try installing a aquamist water injection system is a is200?

will it work on a NA engine?

I would say that this would have no benefit at all unless you use it to supress detonation whilst over advancing the ignition. The power comes from the ignition advance, not from the water (which has no calorific value).

Is it good for a Nozz'ed up car then. seeing as Noz is a form of forced induction? would you have to advance the timing to get benefit or would it just be kinder to the engine?

Also can you pm me a price for a Purge Kit my Nitrous system with GOLD discount. or publish it in the thread. if its easier.

Cheers!

Loz

Is it good for a Nozz'ed up car then. seeing as Noz is a form of forced induction?

I would find it hard to justify water injection on an n/a car with or without nitrous, without adjusting the ignition.

We are using an Aquamist system on the big power Supra we are doing at the moment, purely to keep the EGT's within acceptable limits - not because we want more power.

Thats a controvertial statement!

Forced induction by definition is possible only by compression of the intake charge - this doesn't happen with NoS. The advantage of NoS is the higher oxygen content. Very basically, the more oxygen you introduce the more power you will get provided there are no other limitations.

So Nos is not forced induction at all then?

Not by the correct definition because there is no compression of the intake charge.

Some people think and say differently though (maybe assuming that the pressured bottle used as a propellant also provides some boost).

If you want to prove it yourself, connect a boost meter to your inlet manifold and see if there is any positive boost pressure in the inlet manifold.

like the sound of that!!! a boost gauge to sit on my GS Dashboard!!! yummy scrumptious!

Er... no. take your word for it mate. But I guess you could be forgive for thinking the 600psi from the bottle was forcing something, somewhere... But I understand your point. its the oxygen that makes the power with nos through increased combustion. so does that mean high octane fuel is silly?

or will it amplify the effect?

:blink:

so does that mean high octane fuel is silly?

High octane fuel is juice for the righteous.

Basic fact - the higher the octane the more ignition advance (more power and better economy) you will get.

Every Lexi that lives and breathes has automatic ignition control which senses engine knock. If you are using low octane fuel the ignition automatically retards which loses power and economy - and visa versa.

Funny thing is that although super unleaded fuel is more expensive, the economy is better so the overall running costs are about the same.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links