Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Origin Blue

SteveAudioX

Had thoughts about buying one...

Has anyone else brought one recently?

I see the link on the bottom now.. So it must be good.

Any thoughts from recently purchased users ? or people who had them some time?

How often do the updates need to be made ?

Will it work on new / temp road work cameras ? If the system works on GPS only the device needs to know the cameras been put up ther right ?

went on the WWW site, it says first 6 months free download then £50 a year... and one knows theres gonna be cameras going up everywhere.

I read its £399 for the device and for the Laser defuser £350 .. £750 all in plus £50/year.. emm..

Is this the price to pay to keep your licence? or drive slow....................... :D

I'm on the verge of buying a Road Angel after yet another trip spent wondering where the cameras are rather than focussing on the driving itself :angry:

My only hesitation is that the Road Angel doesn't indicate the current speed limit, whereas the Snooper S6 does, but that appears to be a two box installation (box & display).

The Road Angel is low on features which makes me wonder whether I should hang out for a more featured version in a single unit.

Nige

I have been useing the road angel for a week now and have just come back from devon and probaley would have lost my licence by now if not for the road angel the cameras were everywere it saved me on more than one occasion gave me plenty of warning and only a couple of false alarms .even warns of the mobile cameras .it also warns you of the current speed limit on the road you are using but the bleeping does drive you mad after a while .I would say £399 well spent.

it also warns you of the current speed limit on the road you are using

Really? I haven't seen that listed as a feature of the road angel, but it would be really useful for those roads where the limit is below that expected for the road type.

I'm all for appropriate use of speed, BTW. But there are areas where the use of cameras is excessive, oppressive and a distraction to safe driving.

Nige

Yes it defanatley warns of the speed on the road you are traveling on by beeping at you and displaying the speed you should be doing .Gets very annoying on the motorway though as most of us do over 70mph ,you can turn this feature of though.you can also set the distance that it gives you warnings from 250m to 1000 metres.i bought the one with the radar detector option but am yet to test it hpoe it works :crybaby:

NigeSt

You mean all those in front with the sudden braking......

Yeah, drivers throwing on the anchors in, say, a 40mph zone as they are surprised by a camera and panic that the limit may be 30mph is one example.

I was also thinking of streches of road such as the A420 between Oxford and Swindon. I've noticed that on one particular section, the safest place to overtake is a long flat straight, but it has a GATSO right in the middle. As a rural single carriageway A-road the limit could be reasonably expected to be 60mph, but it's 50mph.

So, it's a no-go for overtaking cars doing 45mph along that stretch, in case the speedo gets above 50mph and FLASH!-FLASH! :blink:

The consequence of that is that drivers are encouraged to overtake on less safe stretches, where there aren't cameras :unsure:

Nige

Yes it defanatley warns of the speed on the road you are traveling on by beeping at you and displaying the speed you should be doing .Gets very annoying on the motorway though as most of us do over 70mph ,you can turn this feature of though.you can also set the distance that it gives you warnings from 250m to 1000 metres.i bought the one with the radar detector option but am yet to test it hpoe it works :crybaby:

Thanks for the info.

Is it easy to switch the warning mode off/on when getting on/off the motorway?

Thanks,

Nige

I have an origin Blue, and wouldn't be without it - as Zee says, the B2 looks even better.

My only criticism is the unreliable electronics - I got through a few units before I got one that worked.

I like the display too - very clear and easy to read, and the voice alerts help a lot too.

The new Snooper detector is pretty good too, so I hear.

Steve,

I've fitted, and used, both the Origin Blue and the Road Angel.

In my opinion the Road Angel is the better one of the two, although I'm not knocking the Origin Blue.

However, of the nine origin Blues i've fitted over the last couple of months, four of them wouldn't even power up off the cigar lighter adapter, straight out of the box. I don't know about you, but that tells me to avoid 'em.....

Steve,

I've fitted, and used, both the Origin Blue and the Road Angel.

In my opinion the Road Angel is the better one of the two, although I'm not knocking the Origin Blue.

However, of the nine origin Blues i've fitted over the last couple of months, four of them wouldn't even power up off the cigar lighter adapter, straight out of the box. I don't know about you, but that tells me to avoid 'em.....

Duncan,

Any experiences with the Origin B2 mate?

I read up more on the Origin Blue..

What i don't understand is...

It works on GPS, and warns in the direction you are travelling... What happens if they schange the camera in the other direction like they do... How will GPS know ?

Also is the New snooper which i believe works on GPS and the other ways of sensing any better ?

What is or was the difference between origin blue and origin blue Mk 2 (b2) :question:

It works on GPS, and warns in the direction you are travelling... What happens if they schange the camera in the other direction like they do... How will GPS know ?

That is a good point and quite worrying .Another point i would like the answer to is these new cameras that are popping up everywere the one that points towards you and takes the pic of the front of your car ,Are motorbikes immune to these as surley the pic being from the front would be useless :excl:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links