Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

as they become more and more scarce now as anyone thought what they will have when theres literally none available ,or as anyone drove anything that they would say is nearly as good ,ive had a few mercs ,bmw but they don't come close

Found this website listing makes and models of cars actually on the road and SORN.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/lexus_ls400_auto

There are actually 2 lists for the LS400 and LS400 Auto but the 2013 figures are about the same.

There appears to be an increase in 1998 when the series IV was launched perhaps but the decline in numbers seems to have begun in 2007 as they first become SORN then I presume eventually scrapped.

I also checked on my Toyota Celsior which shows 4 actually on the road and 1 SORN, strange as I have 2 Celsiors presently on SORN.

If this is accurate I appear to have the largest private collection of Celsiors in the UK.

• Like 1

I know of 3 crackers;

1 - 33k mark 4 with lpg - chaps wants circa 5.5k

2 - S reg with 40k miles - according to the chap - " he never wants to it not now not in the future"

3 - 3rd is a gold one with 45k miles - chaps wants about 5k for it.

I was stripping the final bits off the 97 I am scrapping the other day and just out of interest pulled off the lower trim on one of the doors.

Apart from a bit of dirt in there the panel was completely rust free even after all those years, further curiosity made me remove the plastic sill over covers and again the paint was still solid underneath.

Even the wings were in excellent condition with no obvious extra rustproofing on the undersides.

Come a long way since a 1974 Leyland Mini which would require new wings and A panels after 5 years.

A real "Disaster" film. I wonder how many time that scenario or similar actually played out and which could have been traced back to BL if the police had the knowledge then that they do today.

Steve, I plan to keep my LS400 mk4 going for as long as I can, but If I had to replace it I'd probably go for an LS430. The cabin in those is such an improvement over the earlier LS's. More wood, less plastic. The only thing that would put me off is the slightly heavier weight of the power steering compared to my 400, as I really like it finger- light. I must confess to liking Jaguar's XJ series (X308) though, they're very handsome inside and out, but I'm not convinced about their reliability. I wouldn't touch anything German made. Vastly over-rated. I have friends who own them. Moneypits.

I know of 3 crackers;

2 - S reg with 40k miles - according to the chap - " he never wants to it not now not in the future"

Are these LS 400s? where are they advertised?

(By 1981 the front wings of my 1976 Chrysler Alpine has rusted through and had to be replaced. I was annoyed, but it didn't seem an extraordinary thing to have happened.)

I've often wondered what I'd replace my LS400 with. It could only be a 430, really, but I'm a bit wary of them. And unless my 400 gets written off (not difficult, when it's worth so little), it will probably run for years yet. So I'm trying not to think about it.

I know of 3 crackers;

Are these LS 400s? where are they advertised?

yes they are - only the 3rd one is advertised - the other 2 are not

ls400,maybe one of the last big cars you can buy cheaply,and run relatively cheaply,you don't seem to be everlastingly spending on them,im a bit wary of the 430,when i changed my old ls,it was a toss up when i bought mine between the two,and i erred on the side of caution,some of the suspension woes are a bit worrying,thou im sure theres alot of satisfied 430 owners,i will keep mine as long as economically viable.id like to go to a 460 if poss,just look a little more modern,or maybe a gs430,i do like a v8 or similar,might even consider rx

ls400,maybe one of the last big cars you can buy cheaply,and run relatively cheaply,you don't seem to be everlastingly spending on them,im a bit wary of the 430,when i changed my old ls,it was a toss up when i bought mine between the two,and i erred on the side of caution,some of the suspension woes are a bit worrying,thou im sure theres alot of satisfied 430 owners,i will keep mine as long as economically viable.id like to go to a 460 if poss,just look a little more modern,or maybe a gs430,i do like a v8 or similar,might even consider rx

agree with the above

there never will be a car like the 400.

Have had my 430 about 25 months without any problems although im aware that if I have any suspension related problems then I may have a big bill on my hands

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links