Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This Ones Had A Replacement Gearbox

I have heard of another ls430 having a replacement gearbox, it needed replacing because fluid or something got into the gearbox, I think it was coolant water or ps fluid got into the gearbox, don't ask me how

Another member here on the LOC member name Pheobe IIRC had to have a replacement transmission on a LS430.

Apparently there is a transmission intercooler which failed and allowed the transmission fluid to mix with the coolant wrecking the gearbox.

There were no obvious warning signs of the failure until the transmission failed.

I much prefer the transmission cooler on the LS400 models lying across the front of the radiator,easy to check for leaks and cheap to replace with some 10mm copper pipe if it does fail, so much for progress!

its very much a personal choice and individual decision

I wasn't a great fan of the ls430 when I bought it 15 months ago - mainly because I found the ride a bit harsher and cabin noisier - I even bought another 400 - spent £800 on it and then in the end sold it after deciding to keep the 430! - the 430 has grown on me imensly - so much that I wouldn't want to go back to a 400 now.

I am aware it has its problems like I might in the future need to replace the rear boxes if they go or if the air suspension goes I have no option but the dealer but it is a very well equipped car and certainly value for money.

Main attraction to the 430 (04 plate) I found was as follows:

• All over modern looks
  • more supportive seats and higher seating position
  • Keyless entry and start - priceless!
  • softer closing doors
  • rain sensing wipers - never need to touch the wiper stalk again
  • smoother gear changes
  • less engine noise in cabin
  • reversing camera - very helpful on a big car like this

HTH

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links