Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mpg Isn't That Bad....honest

This was where the fuel gauge ended up after 230 miles (from full), 80 miles of which were A-roads.

I must be honest though, I've had better, but most of my tank averages are (quite a bit) lower than this.....don't know why!

post-22348-0-51992100-1395608023_thumb.j

Lol. I must be doing something wrong as well because on the same 90 mile stretch of motorway I used on this journey, I've had 36.1mpg before....70mph seems to work for me if I'm having a fuel saving moment (which I invariably end up ruining once I'm off the motorway).

BTW, I think it's a 65 litre tank.

I drive like a pensioner stu lol .a mate of mine said to me the other day he saw me driving so slow . Ha he said 420 bhp and I was doing 20 mph when I pulled out in front of him lol.

You must drive like that Keith lol .pedal car lol

Lol, not really mate but I have always been a smooth driver which can pay dividends when I want to be frugal. I don't think it's the speed or even how fast you get there (as long as you're not going everywhere at 90+ mph), it's more about constant throttle settings and planning ahead so I'm never on or off the throttle to much. It's how I was taught many years ago by my dad (along with general mechanical sympathy) and when I have less-forgiving passengers it really helps!

That is impressive mate.

Think 26 or so is my all time best so far! ;)

I've done the smooth, 70 all the way motorway trip, but never got 30 out of it! :(

I know I lost a couple when I fitted the Takeda cold air intake.

Might try that teraclean treatment as advertised by Ed China from Wheeler Dealers? Might help improve things.

Pretty sure the last owner didn't use good fuel or drive it very nicely.

That is impressive mate.

Think 26 or so is my all time best so far! ;)

I've done the smooth, 70 all the way motorway trip, but never got 30 out of it! :(

I know I lost a couple when I fitted the Takeda cold air intake.

Might try that teraclean treatment as advertised by Ed China from Wheeler Dealers? Might help improve things.

Pretty sure the last owner didn't use good fuel or drive it very nicely.

I know RS4's suffer massively from carbon build up and they terra clean and sometimes release 30-40 ponies but it this an issue on the ISF's?

Not sure Stu. Only one way to find out I guess! ;)

May hold off until after the RR day we are planning, that way I can do another run to see what gains it produces??

I'm guessing with so few IS-F's in the country, no one has had this done before? Pretty sure they reckoned it worked best on the bigger capacity motors.

Can't hurt to try it. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links