Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Danger On The Driveway

JMRussell

I read that two children were run over and killed on driveways in Britain on Friday. One was run over by a Lexus. My comiserations go to all involved and especially to the Lexus owner if a member of our club.

Please everyone remember to check for children when moving cars on drives

Toddler dies in 'tragic accident'

A 13-month-old girl has died after an accident in Bradford involving a car driven by one of her uncles.

Saba Amjad was in an accident with the Lexus car as she played at her home is Rossefield Road in Heaton on Friday.

Another of her uncles, Amir Nazir, explained that Saba walked from the kitchen while the Lexus driver was trying to reverse out of the driveway.

He said: "He didn't see her as she was so small. He hit her head with the bumper."

Mr Nazir said the uncle took Saba to Bradford Royal Infirmary where she died around an hour later.

Saba's mother, Nashat Misbah, has had to tell her husband about the death over the phone, as he lives in Pakistan.

Mr Nazir added: "We are trying to get him over for the funeral of the baby he has never seen."

A police spokesman in Bradford said they were treating Saba's death as "a tragic accident".

sad :excl:

That's awful news :(

And it's not just people reversing. There was a case of a little boy playing in his parents car on the driveway. He managed to release the handbrake and the car rolled backwards, killing another child playing behind the car.

You have me thinking. In about 1970 whilst in Southampton Police at that time, I dealt with a road accident in which a 4 year old was run over by an old Ford Anglia. She was not injured as she lay in the road parallel with the length of the car and it was high enough to pass over with her being under the centre of the vehicle. She was obviously checked over by the local accident unit at the hospital and with the parents we could'nt believe the child's luck.

Sad news.... :o

I live near Bradford but its a big place. Never come accross these guys but wonder why the report was so keen to name the make of car but not the driver? seems like someone was not happy with the JD Power Survey...

Condolences to the Family for their tragic Loss.

Loz :zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links