Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

E Mail Delivered To Nav Screen Iphone 5

Suddenly, out of the blue, 2 or 3 e mails suddenly announce themselves on the Nav screen!

I checked my settings and nothing different or unusual, Bluetooth on, personal hotspot on, 3G reception, all standards stuff. iOS 7.1.

Receiving texts has been pretty stable since the first update, but I've never had an e mail before. Needless to say it's not happened since!!!

Anyone else getting mail via an Iphone and know if it's software glitches with Lexus or with apple?

• 1 month later...

If you check the phone compatibility chart via the portal it says the Iphone doesn't show SMS or e mail on the screen. Well, it certainly works well for SMS but not e mail. I have had a few come through over the months, and those that did were from the same sender. So it can do it, but I've not figured out how. It must be software so probably will only be resolved with updates.

It's quite entertaining listening to text messages being read out!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

I've not managed to get this option working yet but am on holiday next week so am bound to get both texts and emails to my Iphone and perhaps the opportunity to spend a bit of "quality time" with my various manuals :whistling:

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, Had the car a week now, and still cannot figure out how to display SMS in car, or in fact emails.......

Iphone 5 on Version 8.2

I have SMS forwarding to my Ipad and Mac book but it wont go to the car,

Can anyone shed any light on my plight........... :(

thanks

DC

Go to the Bluetooth setting in the Iphone

Click on Lexus....

Click SMS push notification to on (or something like that)

Every time you get a SMS your have the option to get the car to read it out...with surprisingly good results.

You can than reply using Siri :)

E mail & Iphone won't work but text certainly should. I think this may have been covered but how do you get Siri to reply to the text. I've never really used him.Her.It.Whatever!

If you connect the phone to external power, luckily Lexus give you a handy USB socket in the centre console, then you can initiate by turning on the 'Hey Siri' setting.

Well, everyday is a school day! I'll be trying that this morning, many thanks for the tip.

Hi I have an iPhone 6 can't get text messages although on the portal it says this will work I'm running IOS 8.2, also how do you set up the emails cants seem to work that out ether lol

Thanks

Ian

Make sure 'show notifications' is checked on the phone. E mail is not supported via Iphone I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links