Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ebc Turbo Grooved And Spotted Discs

Loz

Personally I don't think the is200 brakes are good enough for high performance applications, but without going to larger discs and calipers you are rather stuck with trying to get better discs and pads of the standard size.

The EBC in my view is not as good a casting as the standard Lexus disc but is machined for better cooling, which can make them noisier.

The DBA discs are a much better casting that both the standard Lexus and the EBC discs, and are quieter in operation than EBC.

We have the DBA discs in stock for the following:

is200

GS300 mk1

GS300 mk2

LS400 1992 to 1994

The DBA importers asked the LOC GB co-ordinator to contact us regarding a GB but we haven't been contacted yet, so there will just be the normal and Gold Member prices unless anyone wants to organise a GB

Mark :)

The DBA importers asked the LOC GB co-ordinator to contact us regarding a GB but we haven't been contacted yet, so there will just be the normal and Gold Member prices unless anyone wants to organise a GB

Is it just me or can anyone else see the clouds moving in :unsure:

Yep, definitely feel a storm brewing round here :D

:oops::offtopic:

..... The DBA importers asked the LOC GB co-ordinator to contact us regarding a GB but we haven't been contacted yet, so there will just be the normal and Gold Member prices unless anyone wants to organise a GB

Mark,

What you've posted is slightly confusing. I have spoken to both Julian and Tony of DBA this very afternoon. :)

According to Tony, they have not sent any member of LOC any communication whatsoever. :unsure:

He assumed you were taking charge of this and were to notify us. So if this is how you choose to notify us, then thanks for that.

However, there's still some confusion caused by your post, as we have already secured a GB discount price from DBA.

Tony, stated that LOC will still get our discount, but any order is now to be placed through yourselves.

We were originally going to deal direct with Tony, but as you've kindly intervened, GB participants are now to go through yourselves, so thanks for your help in that.

Members, thanks to TDi's intercession, the conditions of this GB have now changed, and members (unfortunately we now need 10 to obtain the GB Price however,) can contact Mark. :)

Edited by GRiM

Is it just me or can anyone else see the clouds moving in :unsure:

Yep, definitely feel a storm brewing round here :D

:oops::offtopic:

John Kettley's wig just blew off :whistling:

Brake fade will normally happen on NEW pads/discs if they are not bedded in properly!!!

and you all know how to do that.......... right?

What you should'nt do is tear a<rse around then stamp on the anchors

you MUST give gentle progressive braking for at least 300 miles

B) B) B)

Pee J ,

No fade at all..........drove like an old man for 50miles then a middle aged geezer for 100 then a spotty 18 year old (and now,,,,,,,,)

Only today was doing 12* on M25 and my nemisis pulled out in front of me (on a motorbike)............no worries........

Feel they may wear my discs a tad quicker though........

Well chuffed.

Think Matt C is on the nail with his view on this (gs430 has 295 bhp and weighs a bit more)

Dave, have you got this mysterious brake fade then?

If they are new and you cane em you will GLAZE the pads

and thats where fade comes in!!

Wait untill you have had them on 10000 miles and then lets see how your doing :excl: And yes they were bedded in for 300 miles as per the manufacturers recommendation

I've probly done 5k on mine and I am more and more disschuffed I think if I am honest... it almost feels like they are warped. I am guessing that they mght be really badly made but I am hoping that I can get them on a lathe for £20 and see if that helps? if not its back to the Shop and see what they can do. I have a feeling though that they will say, brakes are consumable part and we can't guarantee them...

We'll see... :unsure:

Should'nt GB's be organised through the L.O.C and not advertisers/sponsors on the site?

How do we know were getting the best deal.....?

So can i organise a GB through myself........?

B) B) B)

That's why we were waiting to hear from the GB organiser.

Sent some DBA's to Rodders yesterday - the first set to a gs300 mk2 - can you let us know if you like them please Rodders

Thnx :)

No probs Mark - I'll prolly get them fitted next week - or might do them myself at the weekend if it's not piddling down

I'm going to stick with my greenstuff pads though

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links