Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The 200t will be available in March 2015 in ONLY the F Sport variant. Im expecting pricing to be close to £40k as its the performance model in the lineup.

As for performance figures - i reckon 7.3s for the 200t and 9.3s for the 300h.

The 200t will be £1500 more than the Hybrid version i've been told. 0-60 times I think you're pretty much on the money...

The 200t will be available in March 2015 in ONLY the F Sport variant. Im expecting pricing to be close to £40k as its the performance model in the lineup.

The 200t will be £1500 more than the Hybrid version i've been told. 0-60 times I think you're pretty much on the money...

£40k it is then. £37k for the hybrid F Sport + £1500 + £1000 or £2000 for nav and £600+ for paint.

I doubt many would be sold without at least the basic nav option.

I have a feeling that some of the interior materials won't be what you would expect on a £40k car, as with the IS300h, but hopefully I'm wrong.

£40k it is then. £37k for the hybrid F Sport + £1500 + £1000 or £2000 for nav and £600+ for paint.

I have a feeling that some of the interior materials won't be what you would expect on a £40k car, as with the IS300h, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I'll let you know - as i'll be seeing & driving the NX this week (both the 300h and the 200t version).

Personally I think the IS is a well put together car - especially when you compare it directly to its rivals. All down to opinion, but I couldn't accuse it of feeling cheap.

I'll let you know - as i'll be seeing & driving the NX this week (both the 300h and the 200t version).

Personally I think the IS is a well put together car - especially when you compare it directly to its rivals. All down to opinion, but I couldn't accuse it of feeling cheap.

Same here, it felt pretty top notch to me considering rivals like the BMW are still using that cheap interior since the past 10 odd years. Now the Mercedes C Class is a different story.......

I reckon with the NX the 200t is the only way to go. Why they didn't just keep the 300h engine from the IS is beyond me. I thought they may have even tuned it to get more power out considering its probably going to be heavier! I think ill need to wait till the new RX is out - hopefully itll have the 340hp engine from the GS! :phone:

Hard to justify the cost of the 200t though. Over the years Toyota/Lexus keep stating how much the hybrid system adds to the cost of a vehicle yet they are trying to price a conventional engined vehicle £1,500 more. It should be £3,000 less.

Hard to justify the cost of the 200t though. Over the years Toyota/Lexus keep stating how much the hybrid system adds to the cost of a vehicle yet they are trying to price a conventional engined vehicle £1,500 more. It should be £3,000 less.

They've cut the cost of their hybrids now. The 200t is going to be the halo model in the NX range so will command a premium. Plus, it has greater performance.

Its like the BMW 320i and 328i using the exact same engine but one is more costly because it has more power. They have no reason to charge extra for the same engine but its all weighted on the performance ranking. The higher performing models always cost more.

we will see if it is a strategy that works for them. Non hybrids have been an issue for Lexus since the RX350 and poor sales killed that off and the GS250.

With BMW they make extra margin based on somebody willing to pay extra for more performance, their base cost is essentially the same. Lexus have quite a lot of extra cost with the hybrid so they are either accepting a low margin on the NX300h or are making excessive margins on the NX200t and have room to lower the cost if things don't work out so well.

we will see if it is a strategy that works for them. Non hybrids have been an issue for Lexus since the RX350 and poor sales killed that off and the GS250.

With BMW they make extra margin based on somebody willing to pay extra for more performance, their base cost is essentially the same. Lexus have quite a lot of extra cost with the hybrid so they are either accepting a low margin on the NX300h or are making excessive margins on the NX200t and have room to lower the cost if things don't work out so well.

In terms of "Lexus" as in - Lexus the global company, who knows what they'll make behind the scenes. As far as the dealers are concerned - the margin structure and percentage will be exactly the same whether it be a 200t or 300h. They work off a set percentage which, despite what some may think - is lower than you'd expect! The hybrid will undoubtably be the "volume" seller, whereas the 200t will be a great option for those interested in more performance. The fact the 200t will only be offered in the F-Sport variant I think shows they don't expect to sell great volumes, but having now driven both versions of the car - I can confirm they're a fantastic option for anyone Vs the key rivals.

The 200t is ultra refined and shifts well - the 300h is what you'd expect from a hybrid and should deliver on the economy front. Emissions on the 200t should come in around 199g/km.

In terms of "Lexus" as in - Lexus the global company, who knows what they'll make behind the scenes. As far as the dealers are concerned - the margin structure and percentage will be exactly the same whether it be a 200t or 300h. They work off a set percentage which, despite what some may think - is lower than you'd expect! The hybrid will undoubtably be the "volume" seller, whereas the 200t will be a great option for those interested in more performance. The fact the 200t will only be offered in the F-Sport variant I think shows they don't expect to sell great volumes, but having now driven both versions of the car - I can confirm they're a fantastic option for anyone Vs the key rivals.

The 200t is ultra refined and shifts well - the 300h is what you'd expect from a hybrid and should deliver on the economy front. Emissions on the 200t should come in around 199g/km.

199g/km? Thats the same as the IS250, are you having a laugh? And OK, so what you are saying is, that the NX300h is slow? Correct me if I am wrong.

199g/km? Thats the same as the IS250, are you having a laugh? And OK, so what you are saying is, that the NX300h is slow? Correct me if I am wrong.

I'm not having a laugh, simply telling you the facts! Equivalent 2.0l Turbo engines:

Audi Q5 = 184g/km... BMW X3 = 175g/km... Range Rover Evoque = 199g/km

So its on the higher side of the equivalent cars - but it is a performance orientated version, after all.

I think the official 0-100km time for the 300h is 9.9 seconds... Ultimately figures are on paper and how the car feels is what matters to me. It didn't feel (at all) slow - the fact is it isn't slow. Any car that size under the 10 second barrier isn't slow... It also isn't fast!

For what its worth, it accelerated very easily which is probably in part to the lack of a standard gear change from the CVT. The electric part of the hybrid system also helped it feel very nippy at low speeds.

If this car doesn't sell in great volumes Lexus might as well give up - I really mean that. Against some very good competition this thing was a match for the best, and then some. The 360 camera was absolutely outstanding and has to be seen to be appreciated. The car also comes with a newer version of the radar cruise control as standard on all models (ACC/PCS) which again is a fantastic piece of kit.

PS - For the earlier questions about build quality / standard inside. Absolutely top notch - I can promise nobody will be disappointed here. The entire dash is lined in leather and the car oozes luxury.

I'm not having a laugh, simply telling you the facts! Equivalent 2.0l Turbo engines:

So its on the higher side of the equivalent cars - but it is a performance orientated version, after all.

I think the official 0-100km time for the 300h is 9.9 seconds... Ultimately figures are on paper and how the car feels is what matters to me. It didn't feel (at all) slow - the fact is it isn't slow. Any car that size under the 10 second barrier isn't slow... It also isn't fast!

For what its worth, it accelerated very easily which is probably in part to the lack of a standard gear change from the CVT. The electric part of the hybrid system also helped it feel very nippy at low speeds.

If this car doesn't sell in great volumes Lexus might as well give up - I really mean that. Against some very good competition this thing was a match for the best, and then some. The 360 camera was absolutely outstanding and has to be seen to be appreciated. The car also comes with a newer version of the radar cruise control as standard on all models (ACC/PCS) which again is a fantastic piece of kit.

PS - For the earlier questions about build quality / standard inside. Absolutely top notch - I can promise nobody will be disappointed here. The entire dash is lined in leather and the car oozes luxury.

And people call the IS250 slow :rolleyes: Oh well, at least they have the 200t. Does the NX have actual leather or is it nuluxe? and I dont like the fixed nav screen. Its enough to put me off the car as itll annoy me every day! Wish it would go in like Audi's. I dont like the centre stack either because there's too much space around the CD slot. thats probably the only complaints I have to be honest!

The Evoque is 181 g/km. The 9 speed auto box also gives it some low down gearing to get 0-60 in 7.1 sec, not sure the 200t is going to be that quick.

If the 200t is really 199 g/km then that is a big miss by Toyota, it will fall into a higher tax bracket compared to the rivals.

Indeed - the 9 speed box version lowers the co2... Two points on this:

The 9 speed auto turbo petrol is only available in the "Dynamic Lux" spec... Price? £46,210 - before you add anything extra. If someone wants to spend up to (and maybe over) £10k more to save one or two tax bands- fair enough.

Secondly, have you driven the 9 speed box? Terrible. It can't make it's mind up. I have no idea why a car with a 2 litre engine needs a 9 speed box.

And people call the IS250 slow :rolleyes: Oh well, at least they have the 200t. Does the NX have actual leather or is it nuluxe? and I dont like the fixed nav screen. Its enough to put me off the car as itll annoy me every day! Wish it would go in like Audi's. I dont like the centre stack either because there's too much space around the CD slot. thats probably the only complaints I have to be honest!

Yes it's real leather. The rest? Personal preference!

Indeed - the 9 speed box version lowers the co2... Two points on this:

The 9 speed auto turbo petrol is only available in the "Dynamic Lux" spec... Price? £46,210 - before you add anything extra. If someone wants to spend up to (and maybe over) £10k more to save one or two tax bands- fair enough.

Secondly, have you driven the 9 speed box? Terrible. It can't make it's mind up. I have no idea why a car with a 2 litre engine needs a 9 speed box.

I've not driven one with the 9 speed, there seems to be mixed reviews. I've spoken to a couple of people who own them and they like it, it is an improvement over the older 6 speed (but that isn't saying much). Both owned diesels though, maybe it works better with that engine.

The can't make up its mind issue was a complaint from the media with the 8 speed in the IS-F too, but the owners here don't see this as an issue.

Looks like Lexus are following Land Rover and only offering a petrol on the higher end. At £6k more I would suspect that monthly payments will work out around the same, the Evoque has excellent guaranteed final payment valuations due to low depreciation. The NX won't complete here with the Evoque or the X3. This is an issue for Lexus across the range, even with the RX which has the best residuals - the X5 is way ahead.

I intend to get one even though I've just purchased, in March, an IS300h Lux. I've asked my Centre for a cost to step across to one whilst keeping my monthly payments the same. We shall see. As for whether the NX300h does 0-60 in 8 or 9 or 10 seconds - who cares, I certainly don't. For me, it's style and quality that counts.

As for whether the NX300h does 0-60 in 8 or 9 or 10 seconds - who cares

it is good that you don't but quite a few people do care. There is no reason why performance cannot be combined with style and quality.

it is good that you don't but quite a few people do care. There is no reason why performance cannot be combined with style and quality.

True, but then we'd probably end up paying much more for a bigger lump under the bonnet and at the sacrifice of MPG. Out of interest are all the powerful SUV's in this segment diesel or should Lexus have put the 3.5 V6 motor from the RX in the NX? Personally, I'd be content if the NX gets under 10 seconds to 62 and with excellent driving dynamics to boot. Just my 2p.

True, but then we'd probably end up paying much more for a bigger lump under the bonnet and at the sacrifice of MPG. Out of interest are all the powerful SUV's in this segment diesel or should Lexus have put the 3.5 V6 motor from the RX in the NX? Personally, I'd be content if the NX gets under 10 seconds to 62 and with excellent driving dynamics to boot. Just my 2p.

Yes! Thats a brilliant idea! Why not offer a performance hybrid on top of the NX300h and the NX200t? Call it the NX450h!?

The thing about the driving dynamics - any car feels planted if its slow! Damn the CT200h felt planted but its because it didn't have enough power to get round the corners!

Lexus seems to match directly with RR. There is a 200hp diesel and 240hp petrol turbo.

Audi have a couple of low power petrols and three diesel power options with the top one being 245hp

BMW only have diesel. 4 power options up to the 313hp 35d

The slight disappointment from some on the 300h power is that it is a bigger, heavier and less aerodynamic than the IS300h yet the system power has been reduced by 25hp. Given the 4 wheel drive version, with the extra electric motor, had the potential to provide additional power over the IS300h it seems a step backwards. Have they reduced the Battery capacity to save cost or reduced power to hit a CO2 target just to keep some company car owners happy?

My disappointment comes from the fact that this will be the last model based on Toyota's 3rd gen hybrid technology. In less than a years time the 4th gen Prius launches. By the time the series II NX comes along it will be 5 years out of date technology.

Lexus seems to match directly with RR. There is a 200hp diesel and 240hp petrol turbo.

Audi have a couple of low power petrols and three diesel power options with the top one being 245hp

BMW only have diesel. 4 power options up to the 313hp 35d

The slight disappointment from some on the 300h power is that it is a bigger, heavier and less aerodynamic than the IS300h yet the system power has been reduced by 25hp. Given the 4 wheel drive version, with the extra electric motor, had the potential to provide additional power over the IS300h it seems a step backwards. Have they reduced the Battery capacity to save cost or reduced power to hit a CO2 target just to keep some company car owners happy?

My disappointment comes from the fact that this will be the last model based on Toyota's 3rd gen hybrid technology. In less than a years time the 4th gen Prius launches. By the time the series II NX comes along it will be 5 years out of date technology.

They're saving the 4th gen hybrid system for the RX I reckon. The RX is their top selling model in the US so most of the money will be spent on it.

No doubt the RX will get the new system, it is due out shortly after the Prius and is in need of a compete chassis/drivetrain overhaul as it has essentially been the same for 12 years now.

Interestingly hybrid sales are only around 10-15% of all RX sales in the US. The RX350 is very popular.

No doubt the RX will get the new system, it is due out shortly after the Prius and is in need of a compete chassis/drivetrain overhaul as it has essentially been the same for 12 years now.

Interestingly hybrid sales are only around 10-15% of all RX sales in the US. The RX350 is very popular.

Its because petrol is relatively cheap in the US and also, the RX350 is a few thousand dollars cheaper to buy and the 450h isnt available in the F Sport trim either. I think the new RX will come out in 2016. Lexus have enough on their plate with the RC and NX models at the moment so I think 2016 is a good bet. I havent seen any spy shots either but i have an inner feeling that the next RX is going to be pure awesomeness and ready to take on the RR Sport, BMW X5 etc

• 2 months later...

Have to say I am starting to lose a little love for Lexus. I am huge fan as my bank manager will confirm :whistling: having had LS 430, GS 430, RX 350, RX 450 and another RX 450. On the face of it the NX should suit me perfectly but......................the engines on paper look disappointing... The hybrid - too slow. The 200t better but still not that quick and much thirstier than similar diesels from BMW/Audi/Merc etc.

Saving grace? Exclusivity. But come on Lexus give us real world power and economy!! Imagine NX with engine from Audi SQ5!

Clearly you like powerful engines given what you've already had, but i wouldn't rule out the 300h.... it goes a lot better than the figures suggest in my IS. I doubt you'll get the same sort of performance you get at the moment but it may be more than adequate. I'd at least give one a go and see!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links