Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scale Models Of A Is200

TheDon

well i have myself been searching for a model of my lexus for a long time now and they have been few and far between.

Well i finaly found what i wanted in japan, only problem is i have to import them myself and build them myself.

I am wondering how many people would want a commision of their car built, i can paint in any colour inside and out, recreate just about anything you have done to your car. Wheels are availiable from japan in all different styles but at extra costs obviously.

a whole manner of things can be done to the cars including lowering etc all undertaken by myself.

the scale of the cars are 1/24. detail is amazing.

obviously they are not going to be cheap as there is over 10hrs worth of work going into the build plus cost of kit and materials but you would have a one of a kind model just for yourself. there is a link at the bottom of the page to a previous model i had built, many more of my pieces can be found on the site its self.

Am building my is200 replica at the minuite and will email pics to anyone that wants one.

i think there are also gs300 models available some with sterio installs, there is also the possibility for an engine to be placed in any of the cars from a tamiya supra kit but this would be very labour intensve.

chris :zee:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/...t=zilla+skyline

fujimi make good kits but beware of fitment, there are quite a few bits you will have to cut and reshape but i am sure that you will enjoy the build. remember to use a decent primer on the car tho as the plastic tends to react badly to certain paints :winky:

use a white primer with it if you can, just a maximum of two mist coats tho or ya will loose detail.

the first time i applied paint to the body wihtout primer it went bad. and that was Halfords lexus black!

but with primer it was ok, my one has 19" chrome 5 spoke rims on it. and photo etch slotted disc brakes

if you go to www.scaleautostyle.com you will find all that you will need, from carbon fibre decals upwards, the photo etch discs look great, he also does photo etch rear wings and full resin jap bodykits.

when i get home tonight i will post you all some decent pictures, i am from birchwood near bromley but my girlfriend lives in bromley and i know beckenham.

costs for a completely stock build of the car would have to be around £150+ depending on what paint etc but this is not bad seeing as there is 10+hrs work at a cheap rate of £10 ph. car after import will cost me about £25 and paints etc another £25.

my normal rate for cutom build cars is £25 ph, or a minimum of £250 up to £600. lol.

so your getting a GOLD discount.

well here are a couple of pics of the lex model prior to the paint.

Also there is an couple of pics from a lowrider style skyline r34 i built, using aoshima 19" rims and rage blue to red flip paint and a lot of smoothing.

interior can be done anyway you would like, i can make in dash tv's etc or rear head rest screens. :zee:

post-50-1063129425.jpg

I mainly look at www.track-link.com have not posted anything yet as they are quite good.........however I'm not bad............

Working on a selection of german AFV's in Romanian service in 1944. (wifes Romanian).....Like to scratch build the interiors etc...........

Will start on the IS soon.............now I've got some competition !! :duh:

well if you need any help with your model just ask.

Doesnt seem like many people want a model built then, oh well.

Just have to go back building for the skyline crowd, and the bikers (R1's ZX12R's etc).

Just thouht i would offer it at a discounted rate as a favour. As my cheapest build i will do is £250.

But if you guys can find any prebuilt models then i suggest you buy one.

the is200 hasnt got any paint, that is just the bare shell on the bare chasis, i will post pics as soon as its done.

the creases are actualy the differing pigment placement within the polysyrene. when they injection mold the pigment particles distribute in whatever direction they want. but the surface remains glass smooth. the pic was purely a quick one that i took a while back

i tend to spend over 4 hrs just preparing a body for painting, involving smoothing any mold flashing, repairing any dents, re creating anything that is missed in the detail. be assured that 10hrs is enough time considering this little puppy will sit in the palm of your hand, i have spent upwards of 40 hrs on some models to make them perfect

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links