Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Takeda Installed

Afternoon All

Quite pleased with myself that the Takeda intake installation was all done easily inside an hour. Hopefully I have attached a "during" and "done" photo to this. Had very limited running time but it really isn't much different to stock, to my ear at least. I have heard you should disconnect the Battery so the ECU can "learn" the new instake, but if this is true I'll wait for the exhaust to be done and do it then, surely this can't make much difference to the tone though?

Off to H&S for the exhaust system w/c 12th which I am really looking forward too.

post-50029-0-28551500-1399215318_thumb.j

post-50029-0-12957200-1399215325_thumb.j

Top work. I reset my ecu.

You getting same system I got from h&s??

You coming to rolling road day in August and Dunstable downs in June?

Stu

Thanks, to be honest not entirely sure what I'm getting! I mentioned they had done one before and asked for a cat back, haven't discussed build in detail. Would be interested to hear some more details of what you have and if you had any options or decisions to make.

All the meets are in the meets section and dates, price etc is all there, same for Dunstable meet ;)

I had a catback with single pipe for each side where as the stock system is 2 pipes in to one. They removed silencer after second cats and put on smaller back boxes.

I have a lot of clips in the isf section of idle, in the cabin and take off clips as well as a video of the under the car so you can see what they did.

They did say they could put in a valve to open and close the pipes to make the system louder/quieter. They can do whatever you want really chap.

Stu

Intake looking good Chris. :)

Where's your Takeda sticker?! ;)

Will be interesting to see how H&S get on with your system. Hopefully they have ironed out a lot of the design etc from what they made for Stu.

It's on my list as the next step for my car.

Busy doing things like the flat bottom steering wheel, illuminated door sills, real carbon pillar trims, brake caliper re-paint in special edition orange, full set of Vredstein tires, new OEM brembo front discs, Hawk ceramic front pads, alloys refurbed in dark anthracite.........

Let me know if you are interested in a set of the Precision LED interior lights. Have a look at the post I made a while back.

Given you are pretty close to me, maybe you can pop round to see the LED's in person? Really do look the part in my opinion.

Cheers.

Peter :)

No Chris, just mean't they know how to remove the OEM system, what angles they need the pipes etc.

Because it was a bespoke system, they had to do it all from scratch mate.

Should make duplicating it a lot more straightforward/less time consuming. :)

As Pete says. They had my car for a week and learned that the fake tips can be a bugger to get off if rusted on! Also as Pete says they now know how to do the same system more quickly as they are more familiar with the car.

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links