Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not The Way I Wanted To End My Day! :-(

What a bummer....sorry to read this about your IS F but as you say can always be repaired and at least they told you. I've had two like this (not on the IS F) the second one was witnessed by my neighbour and they even spoked to the woman as she reversed into my car. She still drove off after saying she'd leave her details. That cost me £250. It's not so much the incident but the hassle of dealing with the insurance. And yes they do put up the renewal premiums even though you haven't claimed. Got a garage now

Thanks guys. :)

Sean and Chris, are you guys coming to the IS-F meet at Bluewater on Monday? Be good if you can join us guys. ;)

Going to start from around 3pm.

It's not far for you guys from Surrey, plus there's a load of shops to keep wives, girlfriends and kids busy! :)

Let mad know guys.

Cheers.

Peter

Ehhhhh, don't mean to upset you any more, but was the car parked on that yellow line when the tip happened, insurance companies love to get out of paying however they can! Might be a good idea not to use that photo if your asked to send in a few.

It was, but that's only there for non-residents mate. My house is close to the train station. I have a permit displayed in my windscreen permanently.

Pretty much every homeowner on our street parks like that.

Going to risk the bird poo once it's repaired though, and park it on the driveway behind the wife's car. ;)

I'd rather clean it every day than get it hit again! :(

• Like 1

The driveway is a non-starter unfortunately. :(

Tried to put mine at the back, but can't open the drivers door as our neighbours garage wall is too close.

May just move to a house with a double garage and a car lift! ;)

Would solve a lot of my problems! Lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I dropped my baby off on Tuesday afternoon at the bodyshop.

Been given a Jaguar XJ as a courtesy car! ;)

Very nice indeed!

It's a 3L Diesel, so not as quick as the F, but still got plenty of torque, and does 40MPG!

Not sure how long it's going to take to get it back, they did say the wing would need to be replaced though. :(

I've also asked them to quote me for a few other marks/blemishes I would like to get fixed.

Hopefully it won't be too long. Missing my car already (even with the Jag! Lol).

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, I may be a little bias, but I love the current XJ. The kinda car I imagine Dracula would rock about in :P

I'd be even tempted to buy an XJL Supersport, in a few years. Totally impractical but beautiful proportioned.

The XJ was nice Neil. Had an issue with the LED sidelights on the drivers side unfortunately. :(

They swapped it out at the beginning of the week for a BMW 730d M Sport. ;)

Nice car actually. Very surprised at how well it goes given the size etc. It's also returning close to 40MPG (not something an ISF will ever do unless you don't drive it anywhere! Lol).

It's been fun playing with loads of nice high end motors over the past couple of weeks, but I really want my car back! :(

Hopefully won't have too much longer to wait.

So I couldn't wait any longer to get my baby back! ;-)

Car is safely home, and having just finished cleaning it (started at 7pm! Lol), I'm very pleased with the work they did. :)

The roof is badly stone chipped though. :(

Looks like I'll need to get it re-painted when funds allow.

I'm just relieved to have it home again. ;)

Was getting mega withdrawl symptoms!

Got Sim coming round tomorrow to fit my illuminated sills and uprated footwell LED's. :)

It's been a good day!

Nope! ;)

If I've got them, I fit them Neil. :)

Will be a while till I get any more though! :(

The roof is going to need re-painting unfortunately.

Looks like the lady owner before me got stuck behind a gritter at some point! :(

Got maybe 10 stone chips that are down to the metal.

Bodyshop are going to give me a quote on Monday.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links