Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not The Way I Wanted To End My Day! :-(

So I got home tonight to find a note from one of my neighbours asking me to pop down when I got home. Turns out his wife was moving her car today, and managed to back into my baby! :-(

Will be calling the insurance company first thing in the morning. :-(

Annoyed isn't the word!!

5f0ba28056f8975dc9fa8aa32e091c47_zps0e55

2ea6c51aee68484c0ec6319c82c5025b_zps537a

0c690c7d31d005bc4e83506b67ff027b_zps76d6

96bc26676d8dacf16ebde6c6c9655a57_zpsb356

At least they owned up to it I guess. Could have said nothing as the wife and I were at work.

Hoping it won't take too long to fix. Will still be at Bluewater on Monday.

Thanks guys. :)

Think it's just drivers wing and the front bumper that will need painting.

There's a crease in the wing unfortunately. :(

They were really upset bless them. Older couple as well. :(

Dread to think what Saga will charge them after they pay the bill!

I'm just glad no one was hurt. Cars can be repaired or replaced, people can't.

• Like 1

Someone did this to the rear bumper/quarter on mine a few weeks back and drove off. £350 to fix it up :-( I doubt most people would consider stealing that sort of money, but owning up to damage you've done through incompetence, hardly anyone will :tsktsk: .

Edit - no creases in mine fortunately

Are you charging them for the damage Pete .

Going through the insurance David.

That's what they've asked me to do.

Oh well that's ok mate , once someone drove into the back of me only in traffic in one of my past is250 s , they damaged my rear bumper and said they would pay for it , when I got it fixed I had a fight gettin the money off them , nightmare I went nuts . Got most of it but not all.so yeh get it sorted through there insurance ,

Sorry to see damage like this...as others have said at least they owned up. I'd be pretty upset about a bump like that. Somebody smacked their door into my IS250 last year and no note left. Cost me £250 to get it repaired and sprayed.

I guess the worse part is the hassle of getting it fixed but like everyone said it was very honest of them to own up.

About 2 years ago, a white van drove into me as he failed to break. I pulled over to not block traffic and the guy just drove off. Did not give me time to take down the number plate and because of the traffic i couldnt get after him. Sometimes crappy things happen and the best bit is they didnt hide or runaway.

Just be wary too what your insurance co do to your policy at renewal.

I was tail ended, whilst stationary, in a previous Lex in Swansea. The guy paid for the repairs...he was totally honourable. I had informed my insurers of the incident at the time but advised them that the guilty party would settle themselves.

Next renewal (Elephant) my policy went up £150. Asked why....their response.....because you advised of an incident makes you more likely to make a claim in the future. What utter Tosh....ended going to a senior level, where I said 'i've made no claims in 12 yrs of driving in England, France and Spain so this tells me it is unwise to drive in Wales, not that I am likely to make a claim'. There then came an awkward silence from Elephant and he said he agreed but it was company policy. I took my business elsewhere for renewal and got it £40 less than my previous policy. But you must divulge the incident to any next insurer...so keep a note of the date and details.

Oh and you'll probably be bombarded with calls about Whiplash claims for £3000+...despite the fact that you were not even in the car. So who is selling that info on to the claims management companies we wonder?

I heard they were either planning to or have done already banning insurance companies from passing on details to the Ambulance Chasers.

It's all got totally out of hand with whiplash claims being put before the damage to the vehicle is even looked at.

So it took close to an hour to report it to my insurance company, but looks like it's all sorted to some degree.

Love the pointless questions I was asked! 'Where there any passengers in your vehicle?' after I told him it was parked up, and no one was in it at the time.

'What time did it happen?' after saying I was at work all day, and I had a note from the neighbours when I got in around 7pm.

Then had a 3-way call with the DVLA to confirm the status of my drivers license! :(

Looking like it will get repaired after I have my service done at Lexus Woodford on the 9th June.

Got to drop it off at the bodyshop on the 11th, and collect the courtesy car (bet that'll be something exciting, NOT!).

When you factor in I was only informing my insurer for information purposes only (i.e no claim), I was staggered at the number of questions I had to answer! :(

It's hopefully all going ahead as necessary now though.

Just ***** you don't need Pete .

Did you get to pick your body shop??

Very true David. Couldn't believe how long I had to talk to my insurers when it was only for information purposes! :(

Yes Roheel. It's going to the body shop Lexus Woodford use for all their repairs mate.

Just a hassle driving back and forth to get the service done, then get it back, then take it back to Essex for the repair/courtesy car.

That`s a real bummer chap,just had all that work done as well!

I know Rob. Just when it was all looking just the way I wanted, this happens! :(

Could have been worse though I guess.

Irony is my wife won't drive my car to the shops etc for fear of it getting a trolley scuff etc, then this happens outside our front door! Sod's law!

Not good news but at least they owned up, unlike whoever knocked off my tailpipe. Never mind H&S supplied a new system. Much better imo to use it and have the odd repair than not to use it, they aren't going to be making cars like ours again anytime soon

Not good news but at least they owned up, unlike whoever knocked off my tailpipe. Never mind H&S supplied a new system. Much better imo to use it and have the odd repair than not to use it, they aren't going to be making cars like ours again anytime soon

Sometimes I wonder why I bought my isf , it's always tucked away In the garage 24/7 , I use my can most of the time , it just makes me so mad when I see other drivers in car parks etc opening doors onto other peoples cars , the way they drive on the roads , makes me want to not take my car out .last time I was out in it was two weeks ago , done 60 miles then back in the garage lol.

They don't park anywhere near my transit though ha cos people think van owners will open there doors on them ha .

Sometimes I wonder why I bought my isf , it's always tucked away In the garage 24/7 , I use my can most of the time , it just makes me so mad when I see other drivers in car parks etc opening doors onto other peoples cars , the way they drive on the roads , makes me want to not take my car out .last time I was out in it was two weeks ago , done 60 miles then back in the garage lol.

They don't park anywhere near my transit though ha cos people think van owners will open there doors on them ha .

yeah I am like you in that sense, you go anywhere and you are always worried someone will do something to the car. Other day I was in the front garden having a smoke sitting down on the steps (the car is parked right infront of my house) one guy walked past and then stop and went back. Then started looking through the window while putting his hand on it to see better. I just went "Looking at it will make you go blind" guy just walked off.

But you have to be so careful, people are very jealous of others belongings. You spend more time trying to look after the car than driving it

All the above is very true. I waited until i got a driveway before i bought a nice car having had my other nice cars vandalised/bumped in to when they were parked on the street. Ended up driving a 10 year old leon for 2 years i didn’t really care about. Had my cars sat on, bumped in to, wiper arms ripped off, number plate lights ripped out, cars keyed etc

Car parks still concern me but ultimately everything is fixable and if i worried about it to the point i didin't drive it i would sell it!

Thanks guys. :)

Think it's just drivers wing and the front bumper that will need painting.

There's a crease in the wing unfortunately. :(

They were really upset bless them. Older couple as well. :(

Dread to think what Saga will charge them after they pay the bill!

I'm just glad no one was hurt. Cars can be repaired or replaced, people can't.

Great attitude to take.......in fact they were probably more upset by the incident (and the waiting to tell you) than you ever will be.

One of the best features on my Mk1 RX (which I discovered after a few years) was the fact it has massive plastic body colour door protection lower panels fitted, they get the occasional chip from parking dinks, but they can just be touched in without a mark left, the actual steel door panels remain smooth and unmolested as the day they left Japan.......a great feature I didn't realise I needed, but do now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links