Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Global Window Close

adnewton

I was expecting a Lexus to have global window close when locking car. If windows open, then they would close automatically when car locked.

I can't find any settings within car settings, so assume this is dealer configuration? Anyone got it on theirs and if so is it dealer job?

Not sure about the CT, but with the RX, if you keep the unlock button pressed for a few seconds, the doors will unlock, and the windows and sunroof will open. Conversely, if you keep the "lock" button pressed for a few seconds, the car will lock, and the windows and roof will close.

Worth a try.

I think it is a dealer programmable option. If you want it enabled the dealer can do it for you. Before you do think about if you really want this feature. I have heard cases when people come back to their cars to find the windows open after accidentally pressing the button in their pockets.

I was expecting a Lexus to have global window close when locking car. If windows open, then they would close automatically when car locked.

I can't find any settings within car settings, so assume this is dealer configuration? Anyone got it on theirs and if so is it dealer job?

you can do it yourself but you will need to buy an elm 327 adapter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=elm+327+bluetooth&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R1.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xelm+327+&_nkw=elm+327&_sacat=0

i then downloaded carista (free download) then i paid £6 to upgrade the software this allowed me to access the lexus personal settings using my android phone / tablet ,i then turned off the window open and close function that was bugging me.you can alter the reverse beep as well.

if you are using an Iphone then the wifi version of the adapter is what you need

I think it is a dealer programmable option. If you want it enabled the dealer can do it for you. Before you do think about if you really want this feature. I have heard cases when people come back to their cars to find the windows open after accidentally pressing the button in their pockets.

I would say that this is unlikely: you need to be within close proximity to the car and you have to keep the button pressed for a few seconds (at least 3) for anything to happen. Furthermore, as soon as the button is released, the opening/closing stops...

the risk is similar to the car unlocking itself while the remote is in your pocket.

I would say that this is unlikely: you need to be within close proximity to the car and you have to keep the button pressed for a few seconds (at least 3) for anything to happen. Furthermore, as soon as the button is released, the opening/closing stops...

the risk is similar to the car unlocking itself while the remote is in your pocket.

dan i have to disagree with you ,whilst at work a while ago i was working on the forklift truck when the spark came in and asked who the ct belonged to as the windows had been down for ages

so i had pressed the button without knowing ,i was about 60ft away from my car ,when i had it enabled ,lexus did double check with me that i did want it as other customers had complained their windows had come down without them knowing

dan i have to disagree with you ,whilst at work a while ago i was working on the forklift truck when the spark came in and asked who the ct belonged to as the windows had been down for ages

so i had pressed the button without knowing ,i was about 60ft away from my car ,when i had it enabled ,lexus did double check with me that i did want it as other customers had complained their windows had come down without them knowing

Fair enough... but worrying. If it is that easy for the windows to open after a prolonged press, it implies that it is even easier to unlock the doors, which only require a quick press of the button. Just as well the car is programmed to lock itself automatically if the doors have not been open within a few seconds of them having been unlocked remotely.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links