Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok , took the plunge & purchased this Mk4 today - Very pleased with how it looks & drives , but it does have a couple of niggles I would like to sort out.

1, the washer empty warning light is on (I did know about this)

2, the outside temp display reads 35 degrees permanently (Air con works perfect)

3 , the sat nag is so out of date Im sure I came home via Ermine Street!

Are these easy to solve problems?

Regards All

Adam

PS is it possible to buy just the steel Y piece exhaust for my 96 mk3 LS (John Prescott eat your heart out!)

The Y pipe on your Mk3; I read somewhere on here that Lexus will sell you one for @£600.

the simple alternative is a welding job, mine cost me @£30 and has now lasted 2 x MOTs and sounds good so far.

Malc

• Like 1

1)Washer bottle low level light DIY fix on link below.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/31393-screen-wash-empty-indicator/?hl=washer+bottle

2)OAT (Outside Air Temperature) problem is usually the sensor mounted behind the front bumper has either fell off the mounting bracket or the wires have broken off, marked as "Ambient" on diagram below

3) Buy a Tom Tom and think yourself lucky mine's in Japanese and tries to make me drive to Tokyo :)

post-12144-0-75695400-1402603815_thumb.p

• Like 2

washer bottle is a common one, I have disconnected mine until I get around to making a new float, but at least no distracting light on the dash. Must get around to making new float

And the last update on SATNAV was over a decade ago.

Also the sat nav is not that great anyway. Mine once told me to do a 5 mile divert to get to my house when I was 400 yards away, so I ignore it (though it did once do a better job than I would have of getting me to Cadbury World), so maybe sat nave only useful to choco-holics!!

no. 3 - very good. I'm sure my sat nav once suggested a short cut via the Appian Way, turning left after the third crucifixion. When I go on holiday, I may take my little Garmin just in case (and no that's not a euphemism)

The temperature display can also give a false reading if the connections are dirty. Disconnect and clean with some emery paper.

I think I fixed my washer bottle float p[roblem I had using a Mk III unit with some alteration to the fitting, swapped a cap or something.

These cars are now 15 years old and above now so the sat nav technology is bound to be out of date. Msoft has abandoned XP, why should Lexus provide software updates for old models ??

I still feel the unit is better than sticking one of these modern units to your windscreen and have cables draped everywhere.

Those units also are a safety hazard as they block off your vision.Lets face it if you have a crack or scratch on your windscreen you can fail an mot, so a sat nav unit in the same area should be the same.

AA route finder is the best place to start.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links