Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Bought A Sc430.

Wesseldurandt

Hi everybody.

Thanks for all the information over the years.

Just bought a 2004 sc430 with 23000 miles on the clock. Still looks and smells brand new. Fantastic car. Bought a 2000 LS400 6 years ago and it has not given me any problems. Still looks and drives like a new car after 14 years and with 110000 miles on the clock. Had to buy a Lexus again.

I have a few questions sc430

Battery RUNS DOWN VERY QUICKLY

I was told that it has a brand new Battery. Is it normal that the sound system can run the Battery down in a half and hour when the car is not running? When charged it starts normally every day. Left the boot open one evening, next morning it was flat. Is this normal?

SOUND SYSTEM

The sound of the back speakers change the moment the roof opens or closes, it has a echo sound when the roof is closed and sounds normal when the roof is open. It changes the moment when the roof red flashing light switch stops. Is this normal?

RUN FLAT TYRES

The car still has it's original run flat tyres with the sensors. I am probably unfairly comparing the ride to my ls400 and find it very bumpy. Would normal tyres make a huge difference if I change it.

post-50791-45149_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your purchase. I can't help you with your questions but I was interested that you've moved from an LS400 to an SC430. This is something that I've been considering following the demise of my LS400 earlier this year. How are you finding the SC430 in comparison to the LS400 that you had?

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along shortly. Also, have you posted your questions in the SC430 section?

I have never experienced run flat tires but i do believe the ride would be harsher than your LS mainly because they are low profile tires, run flats are a harder compound tyre, I think because they are made to run with no air in them.....

I think that your Battery is probably on its way out , there should be a date on it somewhere , worth getting checked at any kwick fit or Halfords , they can do a drop test on it, should be a free check....

sorry cant help on the sound system but i'm sure there are plenty of more experienced people than me who can help...

looks like a lovely car though, i'm envious...

Allan

• 1 month later...

Hi Jonathan

I have both and enjoy both. They are very different but great. The LS is the best car ever made. Mine has not given me one problem over the last six years with everything still working. It is a much softer and comfortable ride.The seats are higher so easier to get in and out. The sc is sporty and turn heads. I believe they complement each other. Between my wife and myself we swop cars for different purposes. On a sunny day with the roof down the sc comes to life.

Wessel

Hello Wessel, lovely looking car you have there, I'm always tempted when I see a nice one for sale.

Quite a rare car though, hence the lack of responses I guess.

Did you find the answers to any of your earlier questions?

Hi and here goes with the responses

The Battery does sound as its not up to the mark, check that it is the correct Battery, I think it is the same as the LS but not 100% sure. There are posts on here that tell you how to check the voltage drops and drain of the Battery.

The sound will change when the roof opens as the SC will increase the volume to compensate for the roof being open and greater background noise. It is a noticeable change. The Echo maybe related to the fact it bounces off the rear screen with the roof down but cant say I have ever noticed.

Run flat tyres are never any good and I dont have them on mine and the ride is as good as my GS.

They are nice cars and still turn heads, hope you get a few more sunny days to get the roof down.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links