Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

I too think the car should be painted a nice camo colour seeing as that is your industry as well.

You workshop........... whereabouts is that (pm me if need be please!)

nice work mat! Car looking sweet.......

The inside wear is probably due to the camber setup?

So who test drove it then eh?

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too think the car should be painted a nice camo colour seeing as that is your industry as well.

Myself and Thom drove it, but at the practice day, a couple of guys from Driftworks...Kenny, Stig, and Malc(DriftUK) had a go.....and rated it highly!!

Myself and Thom drove it, but at the practice day, a couple of guys from Driftworks...Kenny, Stig, and Malc(DriftUK) had a go.....and rated it highly!!

what!!!..........not ..THE STIG :ohmy:

next practice is the 21st at Matchams Lane outside Bournmouth.

issues so far......needs more power, just to keep it going through long drifts....lots of clutch kicking required to keep the drift going

other than that.....NONE

just the idiot behind the wheel has some issues.......

attacking every corner like its the last......slow down Hombre

and remebering to release the steering wheel mid transition...i dont have elastic arms

but was awsome....i truely recomend a bit of sideways action when your Bored

issues so far......needs more power, just to keep it going through long drifts....lots of clutch kicking required to keep the drift going

other than that.....NONE

and remebering to release the steering wheel mid transition...i dont have elastic arms

Mat, is the next session at matchams a closed deal or can generall public turn up. i live about 20 minutes from there and would love to come along and see the car in action. I will take photo's and video footage as well for all on the site to watch!!!!!! I need to see this car in action!!!!!!

Jason :P

other than that.....NONE

Mat, is the next session at matchams a closed deal or can generall public turn up. i live about 20 minutes from there and would love to come along and see the car in action. I will take photo's and video footage as well for all on the site to watch!!!!!! I need to see this car in action!!!!!!

yep, anyone can come down....its a full days PRACTICE event....

let me warn you though.......ive perfected spinning to a T :D

other than that.....NONE

yep, anyone can come down....its a full days PRACTICE event....

let me warn you though.......ive perfected spinning to a T :D

Me and my mate are there!!!!!!! What time does it start and go on till, i know that there is a chav cruise being held there from 6:00pm the same day!!!! :sick:

i take it you taking it round the oval track they have then?????

nope not the oval.

will be using the carpark i understand, twill be starting at 10am till 5pm

i will be wearing a Black coat, trillby and carrying a copy of the Independant :shifty: ....oh, and be around a Baby Blue Lexus :driving:

does the drift car have a passenger seat then???? Any chance of riding shotgun for a few drifts, could even do a bit of filming from the inside!!!!  :ph34r:

Hi jason, yep i currently have the passenger seat fitted...so shotgun is fine...aslong as you have a helmet

a camera on a camera mount would be better.........for sure!

Well first i must say a massive thanks to Jason :tomato: what a day mate :driving:

and a thanks to Ahmet for being.......well ahmet

and chris and steffi......

well ive now got all the bits i need....i hope, there wasnt much of anything left to take

i managed to get the complete wire loom....and dash

altezza_bits_1.sized.jpg

i also got the ABS system, master cylinder and other major components under the bonnet......power steering etc etc

but the beut...is this

altezza_bits_2.sized.jpg

altezza_bits_3.sized.jpg

altezza_bits_4.sized.jpg

now i need to strip and clean everything......and start asking TDI and PROLEX, etc etc for prices on upgrade stuff, im leaning more towards turbocharging this lump...for a healthy 300+ hp

may just drop the engine off and get it rebuilt....as i have bugger all space to store it at the mo

there are a couple of critical parts missing which i need to sort out.....

some a-hole cut through the dash display loom......so i will have to run total aftermarket instruments

the airflow sensor, and me thinks plug....is missing, so will be calling on an Altezza owner to drop around some time to let me loook over the engine bay loom.....

id like to in reality be able to run the engine from a stand alone ecu.....so i can do away with the factory loom......

I have a buyer lined up for the s/c..

Turbo Kit will most likely be the Apexi, Turbo output is good for upto 400bhp.

Will be going TODA forged pistions, will leave conrods... lowered compression should easily allow upto 1-1.2bar maybe more if u double up head gasket, but its my daily driver so have to make sure its reliable lol

IIRC turbo kit does come with injectors aswell...

I would of kept the s/c but increasing boost to the limits of the stock engines limits isn't worth it imo.. the pulley is little complex..

I have a buyer lined up for the s/c..

Turbo Kit will most likely be the Apexi, Turbo output is good for upto 400bhp.

Will be going TODA forged pistions, will leave conrods... lowered compression should easily allow upto 1-1.2bar maybe more if u double up head gasket, but its my daily driver so have to make sure its reliable lol

IIRC turbo kit does come with injectors aswell...

I would of kept the s/c but increasing boost to the limits of the stock engines limits isn't worth it imo.. the pulley is little complex..

i was looking at APEX in Japan, where you getting the kit from.......PM if you wanna :shifty:

so today, i thought id start stripping the engine down.....got the gearbox of and found this flywheel.........

i am thinking its aftermarket...... can anyone clarify, the clutch was TRD

if it is....i will be getting rid anyway as i will be fitting an OGURA twin plate with 4.5KG flywheel

FLYWHEEL.sized.jpg

the back end is sculpted out.....not like a std flywheel usually looks like a solid disc on other cars

Dont know what my stock one looked like...

But some names for lightweight flywheels for 3S-GE

BANDOH

C-ONE MOTORSPORT

CUSCO

ORC

TODA POWER

TOMs

TRD

So, could be any of those if its not stock.

I think Nikko has side-by-side pic, will ask him on that though...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links