Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers chris....

so today i finished the boot floor and welded in the rear bulkhead

Boot floor Complete

boot_weld_1.sized.jpg

Bulkhead from Rear Complete

boot_weld_3.sized.jpg

Bulkhead from Front

boot_weld_4.sized.jpg

From the rear....Still plenty of ground clearence, infact the box is higher than the original wheel well

bootweld_2.sized.jpg

Edited by Monster-Mat

can i ask why you didnt mount the fuel tank centraly to the body? were there clearance issues?

am only thinking about a central weight distribution for changing direction mid slide.

can i ask why you didnt mount the fuel tank centraly to the body? were there clearance issues?

am only thinking about a central weight distribution for changing direction mid slide.

mat sits on the right

so needs all the counterbalance weight he can get :lol:

I'm sure this is a silly question with weight lose and all

but does the drift car have 2 front seats

it's just then you could do Lexus drifting experience for passengers

I pay to go sideways round things with someone driving who knows what there doing

*silly moment over*

yes under D1UK rules a passenger seat has to be fitted aswell.

other than the weight distribution issue which barrie so dis-honestly put it, there is an exhaust to the right of the fuel cell........

thats cool, i have been playing with the scalextric drift car set i got from steffie and you can move the weights and magnets about... the more you can get the weight forward the further the arse end comes out.

Will be interesting to run it in several places over the year to see where it gives best results.

or are there regulations as to how far the tank has to be from the driver?

no, the tank if not in the OEM possition must be in a part of the car that is shielded from the driving compartment

this is why i rebuilt the rear bulkhead, to make it completely sealed

heres a friends Is200 in NZ that also has a fuel cell (albeit much larger) fitted

you can see the pumps and filters, and the fuel swirl pot

f683_002.jpg

Edited by Monster-Mat

cheers chris....

so today i finished the boot floor and welded in the rear bulkhead

Boot floor Complete

boot_weld_1.sized.jpg

Bulkhead from Rear Complete

boot_weld_3.sized.jpg

Bulkhead from Front

boot_weld_4.sized.jpg

From the rear....Still plenty of ground clearence, infact the box is higher than the original wheel well

bootweld_2.sized.jpg

and a little something for the custom inlet manifold....Cobra Mustang 4.6 litre throttle body

Cobra_Mustang_4_6_OEM_Throttle_Body.jpg

still would like to know more about the inlet manifolds i assume you are pairing this with the quad induction. I assume it improves response as it allows greater airflow and allows a surplus of airflow

This may have already been asked or thought about

could of you not just of dropped a 3S-G(T)E lump in an tune

or was there to many complications

yep, robin 2 many complications, the 3s-gte was not designed for FR configuration

still would like to know more about the inlet manifolds i assume you are pairing this with the quad induction. I assume it improves response as it  allows greater airflow and allows a surplus of airflow

what would you like to know, there will be no quad induction, the inlet plenum on the original runners will be removed, a new plenum chamber will be made up with the dual butterfly throttle body fom the Cobra Mustand fitted, ths has a combined inlet surface area of 130mm compared to the OEM butterfly of 80mm and the Big Throttle body...the daddy from Vielside, which measures 100mm

This may have already been asked or thought about

could of you not just of dropped a 3S-G(T)E lump in an tune

or was there to many complications

yep, robin 2 many complications, the 3s-gte was not designed for FR configuration

still would like to know more about the inlet manifolds i assume you are pairing this with the quad induction. I assume it improves response as it  allows greater airflow and allows a surplus of airflow

what would you like to know, there will be no quad induction, the inlet plenum on the original runners will be removed, a new plenum chamber will be made up with the dual butterfly throttle body fom the Cobra Mustand fitted, ths has a combined inlet surface area of 130mm compared to the OEM butterfly of 80mm and the Big Throttle body...the daddy from Vielside, which measures 100mm

i meant the throttle body :duh: i have been looking at the veilside one and i am hoping that by the end of feb i will have to look at ways to get more air n fuel into the engine :shifty: its just whats viable don't want to do what i don't have to even if it is nice and shiny

What are you trying to acheive with the plenum too does it need to be a different shape etc and are you aware that if you are pushing alot of air through a metal plenum chamber (especially if you want to use a thin guage material) it will pant

im not using thin guage material im using aluminum,(circa 5mm thick) i will be achiving a inlet plenum that has enough capacity to be effeciant as a plenum for a highly turbocharged car.

what are you hoping to achive with a vielside throttle body costing $800 ...when my Cobra Mustang throttle body cost $72 including shipping

Edited by Monster-Mat

im not using thin guage material im using aluminum,(circa 5mm thick) i will be achiving a inlet plenum that has enough capacity to be effeciant as a plenum for a highly turbocharged car.

what are you hoping to achive with a vielside throttle body costing $800 ...when my Cobra Mustang throttle body cost $72 including shipping

i'm trying to weigh up the benefits that a greater area will give and if it is worth it for the more than looking shiny i used the veilside as an example as it was one of the few i have seen that states gs300. I am assuming with yours as you are changing the fuel scheduling etc the throttle body ties in with that.

Ah ally then your brave with ally welding (i only ever acheive an aluminium puddle). what i meant was if you want to go thinner with the guage of the material if you use a fibreglass shrouding u can keep a good bit of the strength and it counteracts the slight expansion and contraction of the plenum

i'm trying to weigh up the benefits that a greater area will give and if it is worth it for the more than looking shiny i used the veilside as an example as it was one of the few i have seen that states gs300. I am assuming with yours as you are changing the fuel scheduling etc the throttle body ties in with that.

Ah ally then your brave with ally welding (i only ever acheive an aluminium puddle). what i meant was if you want to go thinner with the guage of the material if you use a fibreglass shrouding u can keep a good bit of the strength and it counteracts the slight expansion and contraction of the plenum

my reasons for the larger plenum.....and a page of 2 back there is my "laws of design" which ive done paint pictures off :blush: ,

these are the basic designs, i have measurements of the engine bay, the oem inlet plenum, is NOT designed for forced induction, it has a large internal volume, but it is below the inlets to the runners, my plenum will be a calculated size (as per my pretty pictures) the double throttle body will aid me massivly as i am going forced induction, there will be limited resistance with that much open surface area..

if your staying N/A, theres no or very little point changing the throttle body

if you want a tip on throttle bodies, and a good lead for a Fkin good one to get for pennies...PM me now

• 2 weeks later...

some more bits, exhaust back box, 3 inch inlet 4 inch outlet

back_box.sized.jpg

Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator

fuel_regulator.sized.jpg

HKS Turbo heatshield

turbo_heatshield.sized.jpg

First batch of Fuel bits and bobs, 5 meters of fuel hose and unions, this is the start of the bits for the fuel cell

fuel_unions_and_hose.sized.jpg

still waiting to arrive, the Throttle body, Fuel pump and bits to make up manifold

then the rest of the unions and hose for the fuel system

Edited by Monster-Mat

well couple more little bits turned up today.

the main fuel Pump.

Aeromotive 700hp Tsunami Pump, possibly the best Affordable street/strip pump available, used in alco drag cars in the US

med_gallery_1290_100_745074.jpg

and my next arrival.....well lets put it this way, i wasnt expecting it to be quite as big as it was/is :o

The Cobra Mustang 4.6 litre Throttle body, x2 60mm butterfly plates (combined 120mm), so this should be a pretty good flowing throttle body :shifty:

med_gallery_1290_100_540061.jpg

med_gallery_1290_100_46779.jpg

lets put it this way, those pictures are almost to scale give or take a few mm:ohmy:

the pump in the Uk costs £300+ i go it new from the US incl postage.....£110

the throttle body cost me only...incl postage.........£52

eBay is truely a mecca :lol:

Edited by Monster-Mat

Today went on a little bit of a road trip up to Bicester

went to drop something off...and whilst there thought id roll the arches a little

so armed with a Hammer, an Arch roller and a heat gun...work began

lip3.jpg

a little bit of heat action to make the metal more pliable...im not fussed with the paint :shifty:

lip4.jpg

Right Arch......before

lip2.jpg

Right arch after

lip5.jpg

and some other images

lip7.jpg

lip1.jpg

lip6.jpg

now i should be able to get at least 10"or even 11" rears on without any rubbage :winky: the rears shown, are 9x17

Edited by Monster-Mat

Very nice Mat!

Is the arch roller yours? I need to do mine, want to space my 19s out :shifty:

its not buddy, but if you want to borrow it......i can speak to the owner.....or wait till i find one

i know have about another inch , inch and half extra clearence in width

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links