Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

06 Ls430 Cambelt Change Intervals

Hi guy's

Quick question,

My ls430 has only done 45,000 miles but is 8 years old now.

There seems to be some disagreement as to when the cambelt should be changed on this model.

Everyone seems to agree on the mileage of 100,000 but the disagreement is on whether the change should be made at 6 or 10 years.

Do any of you chaps have a ls430 service manual to clear up the question?

Many thanks

Mark

Hi guy's

Quick question,

My ls430 has only done 45,000 miles but is 8 years old now.

There seems to be some disagreement as to when the cambelt should be changed on this model.

Everyone seems to agree on the mileage of 100,000 but the disagreement is on whether the change should be made at 6 or 10 years.

Do any of you chaps have a ls430 service manual to clear up the question?

Many thanks

Mark

I don't think you should rely on the manual. You should remember that NOT being driven on a regular basis can have a serious adverse effect on ALL of the rubber including all belts & even tyres. As your has only done 45k in eight years (5,625 pa) I would suggest getting them changed now (not your tyres that is (unless they are old) but all of your belts)

Thanks for the replies guys

As it's been serviced at the same lexus dealer from new by the previous owner I guess they will know if anything has been changed during the cars lifetime.

Probably my first point of call.

With a full Lexus service history, especially at them same dealer, you should be able to get hold of the FULL Lexus printout of work and servicing carried out since new ........ including I would have thought, the bills !

Malc

If it was me, I wouldn't change anything until 62k. Only at the 124k interval, (second belt change) would I have the waterpump replaced and not before. The waterpump on my Mk.4 was still o.k. at 123k when I had my belt, tensioners etc, changed for the second time, but I had it replaced anyway just as a precaution. On these motors the waterpumps last for ages with the right coolant.i.e. Toyota Red. Don't use anything else. The cambelt change interval is 100k for the USA market and 62K for Europe. (We do shorter journeys and more start-ups which reduces the life of the belt, apparently).

Hi guys, a post I put up earlier on the Engine Transmission section.

Malc

" I'd be amazed if it isn't simply 10 years / 100,000 miles ....... and take a miniscule chance on it all going pear shaped if you don't strictly adhere to these parameters :tomato:

Reading other posts about the earlier Mk 1, 2 and 3 Ls400s where 63k is the stipulated figure ( apart from in the USA where it's 100k ( now ain't that dopey :zorro: ) ) ................ I would feel comfortable with those Mks being left to 100k too .... as is the stipulated figure for the Mk4 Ls400 :whistling: .

Malc "

If you have a full dealer service history then they will tell you when to change the belt - 100K miles - I have had two done. It is not the sort of job you want to have done if it is not needed - however broken belt = scap engine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links