Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty Offer

Each to their own I guess.

Not really sure why people are so worried about getting the warranty? Seems like these cars are pretty bullet proof to me.

Provided you don't have the leaking water pump issue, what else is there that goes wrong?!

I know Stu had a fair few bits replaced under his warranty, but his car was quite unusual in terms of the issues he had.

I'd suggest putting the warranty money aside each month for maintenance, repairs, mods (if that's your thing) etc instead.

Guess my decision was made easier by the fact the car was already out of warranty when I bought it. ;)

On one hand it's annoying when you spend out for a warranty and never need it but with the ISF if anything was to go wrong it's serious money. I would rather sleep peacefully knowing that the warranty is in place. Plus you get the roadside assistance which has helped me and the wife out over the last few years. Even better knowing it covers you and whatever car you are in that has a fault and not the car itself.

I can see both side of the debate about whether a warranty is good value but for me personally there is no way I would risk it. On my IS250 the air con unit went and wouldn't cool down the car. Covered by my warranty at a cost of nearly £900 to fix.

So whilst the Service department told me the warranty was £799 and that I could extend it in December, the salesman who sold me the car emailed me earlier this week about the offer. When I inquired about the cost he has come back to me this morning saying it's £995. I'm confused now that some people have paid £200 less than I have now been quoted.

Got a call back from the salesman and he made a mistake. Hopefully not trying to squeeze another £200 out of me there but it's all good to go and I'm in. He did say that if I trade the car in I lose any remaining warranty but if I sell privately it can be transferred to the new owner. Seeing as they offer a pittance on ISF trade ins I may have to sell it privately if indeed I do sell within the next 3 years.

When I extended my warranty in 2013 for two years, the price quoted by the dealer was several hundred more than the number I found on the Lexus UK website. I think it was simply an attempt at a dealer mark up, and they quickly reverted to the lower price. If I still want to keep the car beyond Mar 2015, then I'll hunt for the best price and check the small print carefully.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm picking up my 2008 ISF tomorrow from Lexus. I'm in the 'peace of mind' camp so may well opt for the extended warranty if I'm able to. I'm getting one year included. Are we saying that a further two years can be bought for £799 and if so, is it transferable if I sell it privately within the three years?

I'm picking up my 2008 ISF tomorrow from Lexus. I'm in the 'peace of mind' camp so may well opt for the extended warranty if I'm able to. I'm getting one year included. Are we saying that a further two years can be bought for £799 and if so, is it transferable if I sell it privately within the three years?

It will be three years warranty for £799 and the dealer told me that the warranty is transferrable via a private sale but if you trade the car in at Lexus within those three years the remaining warranty is lost.

And welcome to the ISF club...you are going to have so much fun. Are you getting the red one?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links