Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Wheels

Just noticed my wheels have paint bubbling around the centre caps very

Minor but enough to bug me, the fronts being worst.

Has anyone successfully had theirs replaced under Lexus warranty, will be calling my local dealer on Monday.

I know mine is not an ISF but I had my RX400 wheels replaced after I took it to my local lexus dealer who took photos of the wheels and then sent them to lexus, couple weeks later all five replaced, car was six years old as well ! They were replaced with refurbed wheels and not brand new but still a result as were bubbling.

The quality of Lexus alloy wheels is still a problem that has never been addressed it would seem, a 3 year old luxury make car with this kind of deterioration should not have this happening.

Keep us posted on the progress please.

I was offered 2 new wheels and lexus would contribute. I got mine referbished as it was a lot cheaper. Push for new ones as the lexus wheel replacement scheme never has isf wheels in stock.

I would push for new wheels, the set they gave me were refurbed which were wet sprayed and only lasted 18 months before starting to corrode again and I clean my car weekly , as my car was well out of warranty and they replaced them Ionce I decided not to go back again and complain but get them powdercoated myself which I did so should last . But on a motor like yours you should demand new ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on this

Went to a local Lexus dealer 2 weeks ago for them to take some photos of the blistering around the centre caps, said they'll send them off to Lexus customer relations for goodwill. As the car is 3.5 years old, the extended warranty won't cover alloy wheels, so there is no point making a claim to them as it'll just get rejected.

Didnt hear anything back since then on Friday i decided to ring the dealer to chase it up, been told Lexus have declined the claim due to 3 reasons

1- Car is out of manufacturer warranty

2- Didnt buy the car from new

3- Purchased outside the dealer network

So i phoned Lexus customer relations and explained to them this is a top of the range premium luxury car that costs £50,000 and for the wheel to corrode like this for such a new car is something unaccpetable.

They basically told me to fob off as i've just bought the car recently and it's a private sale, not interested in anything i say.

That's not good at all! If you still have manufacturers extended warranty it should be covered. As long as the wheels have not been repaired/refurbished else where I see no reason they should not replace them. They won't as they probably have few if any spare!

Even so, bloody poor service.

Stu

Very poor serivice indeed Stu, the whole impression i got from them is "you've just bought the car from a private seller with the defect on the wheels already, don't expect us to do anything".

Just had a look on the small prints on the extended waranty docs, it states road wheel are excluded.

Looks like i'd have to get it refurbed myself at some point.

Very poor indeed - they covered them on my old RX on extended warranty - bet you they have slipped that clause in because the wheels are a constant source of warranty claims!

Apologies for not getting it sorted in the 3 year warranty part - I truly hadn't noticed it at all!

Mine was well out of warranty and I didn't even have it serviced there, complained and they replaced. Did buy from lexus Hatfield but complained to my local Lexus dealer Norwich who sorted. Is it worth trying another Lexus Dealer ?

Very poor if they don't replace them on a car like that !

Had a similar problem with my previous car which was a MB C350. It was only 18 months old when all four alloys started to bubble so took it to my local MB dealer who said they'd speak to head office as it was a warranty claim. Their response...... alloys are consumables, just like tyres, and therefore not covered by warranty. They told me I could buy a set of 4 from them for £1400. After many letters, emails and photographs they offered to pay 50% as a gesture of goodwill. Stuff that !

Went to a different MB dealer who eventually got the contribution up to 80% provided that I had my next service with them. Duly obliged, had 4 new alloys and a major service for about £300 and traded the car in shortly afterwards.

So Lexus aren't the only ones playing silly b*ggers with alloys.

I haven't checked the small print in my IS-F warranty, are they consumables ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links