Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Summer Miles

So have been majorly absent over the whole of August with Summer arriving and holidays.

Thought I would open a thread of things that went well, things that need fixing (nothing major), and a helpful addition for the car. Along with pictures, everyone always likes pictures.

First 2 weeks of August were spent in Spain, and the last week of August in Bruges and drove the car to both places and back. In 4 weeks I have done a total of 3013.8 Miles

IMG_3278_zps5e1b346f.jpg

And can i just state over all these miles the car was absolutely faultless and utterly pleasurable. It ate every single mile as if it was on a mission and not to entice law breaking, done the trip back from Lugo (Galicia) to London in 17 Hours and 30 mins.

The fuel consumption was absolutely spot on, you always think with a 5L V8 it will drink like crazy but in all it done 2500-ish miles and I spent £653.63 (just the trip to spain and back and driving about around there) Belgium and back was done on 2 tanks.

Here is probably the only picture I took of the car in Spain.

IMG_3188_zps33a55b4f.jpg

This car really was not made for the village where my parents are from, it is fine on main roads BUT can go nowhere else ha!

There is about 3 things which need fixing and hoping someone may know something from their experience with the F but if you dont, no worries.

I noticed in Spain when I opened the boot lid that there was a spot of rust where paint has been chipped. This has to have been there from before i even bought the car.

How hard is this to repair?

IMG_3280_zpsffc3e03e.jpg

And maybe due to the high speeds i may have made this worse, it already was a tiny bit sticking out but after all the miles and high speeds it has got slightly worse :-(

IMG_3277_zps578e2118.jpg

I have tried popping it back in, but it pops out again after 5 mins.

And lastly my Passenger side front tyre is in this state.

IMG_3283_zps89f4e2d9.jpg

Really worn inside and out but the middle is fine, something tells me this tyre was swapped from the drivers side but not sure.

And finally I bought a dash cam, in particular the BlackVue DR750LW-2CH. Worth the buy incase of any incidents in the car and will ring the insurance to get the price reduced tomorrow.

It was very easy to install.

IMG_3272_zps28f99c25.jpg

IMG_3282_zps0b90cdbe.jpg

The wiring for this goes through the roof lining, down behind the A-Pillar airbag cover, then power wire above the driver footwell. And the wire for the rear camera goes along underneath the door seals.

IMG_3273_zps5f4cf311.jpg

IMG_3274_zps96308d30.jpg

IMG_3276_zps94bb2089.jpg

IMG_3275_zps589affff.jpg

And the video quality is like the below which were recorded today. It records all the time but when it senses an "impact" it will record 30 seconds before and after that moment. There is many more features but I can not list them all

The quality on the youtube video is not a proper example, as the compression on youtube is very extreme. But the raw file is top notch HD

Top work. Glad you are enjoyin the car.

With twhere the chip is you could give it a go with Halfords kit. You could also see if chips away are interested? Only other way would to have a body shop do it via touch up.

Looks like your car has been nudged??? The panel must be misshapen fella :0( ask the dealer at service time if they can sort it.

New tyres and maybe a wheel alignment me thinks. Running 40psi I presume?

Cameras look good chap.

Stu

Hi Mate, looks like the tracking is out so get it looked at. What pressures are you running?

Camera looks spot on

They were 40 before leaving to Spain. As it was one of those things I look at before doing long journeys

Hi Mate, looks like the tracking is out so get it looked at. What pressures are you running?

Camera looks spot on

They were 40 before leaving to Spain. As it was one of those things I look at before doing long journeys

you felt any pull on the car toward the left when driving? Seems like tracking is out then as 40psi is right

To be completely honest i don't feel too much of a pull but it does not go completely straight when i let go of the steering wheel. So you guys are probably spot on and ill get the tracking done as soon as I have a day off work.

i had something very similar. Check on the forum. Went through load before i got my car spot on. Best to get it done when you get a new set of tyres mate as even if they track on this, it wont be right due to the wear.

sent you a pm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links