Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Err3

sturgi

I am thinking of buying a 03 reg IS200 SE Auto but keep reading about niggly little things especially the ERR03 problem with the CD player. This problem looks like it is taking Lexus quite a while to fix and people waiting ages to get their CD's back. The question I have is this still an issue with the system?

Any info would be appreciated.

The headunit from 2001 is a different unit to the ones fitted on earlier models. The older models had the CD slot at the bottom, where as the newer ones have the CD slot at the top. I don't think that these newer units suffer from the ERR3 problem, but there maybe someone on the forum who can second that.

You can get rid of the ERR-message;

-> By loading an another CD, and let the player to play it and then change back to the CD that gave the error

-> Changing the CD selection to another slot, and let the player to play it and then change back to the CD that gave the error

-> Ejecting the CD that gives the ERR and then loading it back

I have got ERR messages thousand times, but I've always fixed by doing some of the steps above, so I am 82.7% sure you won't need the stereo replacement.

ERR- well mine is a July 2001 with the slot at the top and mine has just given up the ghost. ERR3 message. Tried banging it on the side- spewed out one CD, waited a week- got it to load two CD's, but only eject one :angry: Only took Lexus Wolverhampton three weeks to get a new one for me, as to the ones stuck in the old player- mywife hates Rod Stewart anyway :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links