Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

different colour dash lights

im in the process of using my car for development of different colour dash lights,i will keep ppl posted but who would be intrested,if i have numbers then i can give this evidence to the company

im going for green so it matches my guages:cool::cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i read on .net a while ago that someone has changed some of the instrument light colours, involves using LEDS, i requested some info but nothing has been recieved yet. - anyone willing to take thiers out and have a look??

i might end up doing it anyway!:o

• 3 weeks later...
Blackmagic is going with BLUE please! Or white, don't you just love the GS300 dash??? I wish that could go in mine! Is the instrument panel lit by LED's or bulbs?

I read somewhere that the GS300 cluster is not lit by bulbs or LEDs. The guages themselves are made of a material that glows when a current is passed through it.

• 2 weeks later...

I took that thing apart a couple of times. The bulbs are regular yellow bulbs covered with blue or green covers. Yellow with green cover give you the same faded green colour as yellow with blue cover. If you take of the covers, tou will get indigo (orange) colour similar to that you get in BMW's. I had no multimeter to measure what kind of resistor I need to install leds. I needed indogo to match my deck anyway.

It is pretty simple guys...just don't scratch anything.

• 3 weeks later...

As a newbie I'm catching up on some of the posts on here. So forgive me if I'm a bit behind the times.......

You can change any dash system from one colour into another if you really try.

I've taken my Supra dash apart and changed all Green bulbs and LEDs for Blue LED's and used electroluminescent wire for backlighting buttons etc.

(I suppose I should take a picture for everyone!)

Many dash systems have these coloured condoms over the plain incandescent bulb.

All I did was remove any bulb and replace with a resistor and Blue LED. Works really well, even my odometer and clock are blue now. In some instances the bulb has a much greater spread of light verses a narrow beam LED but you can get around these things and even buy blue covers instead in many sizes.

My mates have changed theirs to RED.

So when I finally get my GS300 I'll be taking a look to see what can be done.

If in the mean time you are able to take your dash apart and send photos I can assist with the electronics side. It's pretty easy so long as you're O.K. with a soldering iron.

Regards

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links