Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sq Setup In A Lexus Is300

Hello all. Basically I am looking to add some nice clean bass to the stock system of my IS300 by adding an amp and sub combo. I have asked around at a few shops and here are two systems which have been recommended to me:

Recommended setup no. 1:

AMP: Rockford Fosgate Punch 601S - 2CH 600W

SUB: Rockford Fosgate RFP4812 12" - 150 watts RMS/300 watts peak.

Recommended setup no. 2:

AMP: Blaupunkt GTA2200 2 x 200 watts / 1 x 600 watts

SUB: Kicker 12" Comp VR sub CVR12

Which one do you think is better, or are there any changes which you would recommend?

BTW - I am after SQ, but I want to be able to feel the bass as well. The sub will be in a sealed enclosure too. The rest of the system will be kept completely stock

Many thanks

i'd go for the Kicker sub as i used to have two of those exact ones and never had a problem with them and they sounded amazing, dont know about the Blaupunkt amp though or any of the Rockford stuff but i'm sure someone on here will.

My vote definately goes for the Kicker Comp VR sub!!!

Hi, that seems to be the consensus regarding the Kicker subs, but I am now looking at a suitable amp.

2ch vs mono, and what brand?

Also, how important are the cables used in the system? Should I go for brand name like Stinger, or just generic cabling?

TIA

Okay cool

I am leaning towards the second setup, but with a Crossfire amp

The VR142:

Bridgeable 2 channel amplifier, 35Wx2RMS, 140W Max., Switchable 6dB boost at 45Hz, Variable Highpass/Lowpass Crossover from 50 to500Hz, Input sensitivity selector switch, MOSFET power supply, Nickel plated connectors, 5 way protection circuit, 2 ohm stable 9.3"W x 2.1"H x 8.5"L

Would this be enough to power the Kicker 12" amp which is 400 W/RMS, 800 W/Peak.

Or should i go one step up?

TIA

• 2 weeks later...

Because you are just running the amp for a sub, the make of the amp isn't really going to matter that much.

Basically you want an amp with credibility (read - believable ratings) and plenty of power. Built in features like remote bass control and crossovers are good.

Out of the two options I would take the R.F. amp and the kicker sub.

What is your overall budget? as we may be able to suggest some kit you haven't looked at yet.

I dont think you'd be happy with that 140w amp, especially not with the IS300 being a saloon.

Cabling brands again are not important, copper is copper, just make sure the cable is thick enough to carry the required current, can advise on this better once you are settled on a set up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links