Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Personal Number Plate

When i bought my isf 4 months ago it came with a personal numberwhich i thought was pretty cool with the'ISF' in the reg.However since ive owned it most people dont get it and think the car is a2001 model!!So ive changed the plate toV50GSC.The V stands for V8 the 50 for 5 Litre and GSC are my initials.I was wandering which of the two plates lexus owners think is the best?

Interesting topic Geoff as I am having the same debate with the family. I suspect it happens in lots of households - and bars.

Bought my IS 300h FSport 2 months ago and been considering my first private plate ever since. There are some brilliant options, IMO, covering both my name and the car but no one seems to get them.

Options for me include a dyslexic IS and lots of combinations of FS and SL.

As Stuart said, it depends what you feel comfortable with and whether you want to move it to a different car. Selling a plate at that point is probably not easy - unless anyone knows different.

I wanted mine to be as anonymous as possible so dropped a v8 xxx plate that was on it when I got it for a standard dvla xx58xxx. however as I'm a bit sad and want people to think I can afford a nice car (I'm partly joking) the 58 annoys me as it sounds old! my black lotus has xx08JPS as the plate which gets the nod from those in the know...

I wanted mine to be as anonymous as possible so dropped a v8 xxx plate that was on it when I got it for a standard dvla xx58xxx. however as I'm a bit sad and want people to think I can afford a nice car (I'm partly joking) the 58 annoys me as it sounds old! my black lotus has xx08JPS as the plate which gets the nod from those in the know...

Partly joking! haha

A lot of folk think the car cost me £30k or more! I do know what you mean. If you remove the plate they could be 2-3 years old looks wise.

Hello all,

Im new to the club and this is my first post.... So apologies !

I pick my is -f on monday and will be looking to get a plate so this topic seemed appropriate. Cant find a decent ISF plate tho so may stick to personal one i have been looking at.

I have a 2006 gs450h and i have a plate for that : GS04LEX...... And most people thing its a 2004 car and dont get the plate. Ooh well when its put up for sale next week not sure if to sell the plate seperately or leave it with the car.... Any views on this ?

welcome and good choice of car. What age, colour and mileage is it? There's an owners thread in here to log where they all are so add ya details when you get a moment. what's your car history? I had a mini, a mini cooper, a ford puma then an rx8, which I replaced for a super charged Elise and now have the isf and the Elise. my neighbour just rocked up in a 63 plate quatrroporte which means ive been trumped on noise and looks, but suspect ill win the reliability game. Enjoy your Lexus they are fine cars...

No thats the plate i was contemplating for the ISF. Currently with dvla for 500.... Will prob wait a bit as spent all my £££ on the car and need to sell the GS.

I got a blue 2010 (update model) ISF.

To Lotus dave :

Yeah cant wait for monday. I bought a blue 60 plate with 15k miles. As for my car history : golf gti 16v (oak green and unmolested- still one of my favs), passat 1.8t, bmw 318is, bmw 530i msport (e39), late model clk500 amg, bmw z4m, lexus gs450h, and in a few days the isf.

Being a bit slow but wheres the link tfor the owners thread?

I'm going to leave this thread to the 'big guys' - i.e. those with a 'grown up' IS.

As much as I would love to own one, nearest I'm going to get is my postcode - ironically 1SF.

Still fancy a personal plate though and SS61SFS is available. Ticks 4 boxes for me - Initials, age (well last year), postcode and my car. It's on the Christmas list!

All the best with your 'beasts'.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links