Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf Value Tracking...

I would hope that if I opt for the 2008 (60,000 +/- miles) then I will be looking between £17,000 - £20,000. This may not get me a flawless example but would expect FSH and well maintained in the main. It could then be a dilemma whether to pay £23-£25,000 for a 2010/2011. I would also say that due to the lack of stock there is every chance of curve balls and excellent examples going for a premium.

I would hope that if I opt for the 2008 (60,000 +/- miles) then I will be looking between £17,000 - £20,000. This may not get me a flawless example but would expect FSH and well maintained in the main. It could then be a dilemma whether to pay £23-£25,000 for a 2010/2011. I would also say that due to the lack of stock there is every chance of curve balls and excellent examples going for a premium.

17k seems low but 18k ish may be achievable but with more like 70k miles. There is generally a bit of a premium for cars like these when in very good condition ticking all the boxes as they are performance cars not a Ford Focus. Also, as you say there are always very few around.

Could be wrong but was this the press car? If it is then that's what is probably putting folk off. If not maybe there are other issues. Can't hurt to have a look I guess.

Stu

Don't know if it's a press car but it means it has been lent out to various motoring journalists and driven vigorously! I know this car has been discussed before a few months ago.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/lexus/is-f/used-lexus-is-f-5-0-4dr-high-wycombe-fpa-201501080018031?logcode=p any thoughts on this car would be much appreciated, its local to me and I'm tempted to have a look, although it has been on AT for ages!

The biggest problem with that one is that it states FSH when in fact there are services missing, not had the big 60k service with long intervals between oil changes. What other facts are they misleading people on? And been on AT for 12 months now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thoughts on values a few months on chaps? There are 2 clean looking 08 cars with 53k and 57k on the clock for 18,950 and £18995 respectively.

There have been a few cheaper ones including the white ex plod one which seemingly hasn't sold yet and a silver 08 plate that was on for under 14k recently with 80oddk on the clock.

Seems ok dependent on condition and if warranty is included. Sellers would have built in some margin so maybe 18500??? They seem to have been around his price for a while now. It not a good time to sell at the moment (in theory) as people are looking for 'winter bargains' so I don't imagine they will go down any more next year. I did see some silly cheap ones and just wondered what was wrong with them.

They do say "u get wot u pay for".....if it's that cheap, there's a reason. Agree with Stu on the fact that the winter n Christmas are coming, some dealers will want or need to move stock on, as at this time of year we all need money,......quite happy the sell any of our 4 kids,.....but the F is staying 😂

I'll be keeping an eye out in the usual places over the next few months. Not in a rush to switch cars as my current motor is all prepped for winter.

I guess the first thing I need to do is view and test drive an ISF to see how I get along with it. Nearest main dealer with one for sale is Sheffield, whether they will give me a test drive when I turn up in a 16 year old Mitsubishi Galant VR4 is another thing.

IF the Guersey one was registered there new, then I can assure u the road tax is £230 per year, mine was a channel island car, mine was bought here on mainland, not sure wot coats are involved in shipping here n registering, but I look as it as a plus when selling, (not that I plan to) I for one can't bear the thought on paying £505 for road tax, but most divorcees would probably be the same. Lol

If it was registered there and spent all it's time there then import duties will be due. A contact number or email address would be great. A Google search doesn't bring any information up on the dealership.

If it's off it G plate then all duties would have already been paid, can only go on 08/58 uk plate once this has been done, if like Jersey, a width tax was payable, but as now a uk car it doesn't come under CO emissions law, BUT it's not an import, log book states "uk car non mainland" so insurance is NOT import premium.

Emailed the chap at Freelance, the car has been a Guernsey supplied and registered car from new. A quick Google search shows that I would have to pay VAT on it if I was to import it to the UK.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links