Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Glad it got sorted and quick result too.

I just have a question: would his insurance company not be a bit miffed that he has not involved them and they may have missed out so to speak?

Hi Mark, I'm not sure what they feel about my contacting them before she did. The only reason I contacted as quick as I did was because she told me and the police that she had already spoken to her insurance company but when I rang they had no notice of it.

Its strange how over the years with so many different agencies getting involved, Legal, Car Rental, Engineers, Repairers, Medical etc. That most people think that you should only report it to your own insurance company and sit back and wait for the phones to ring off the hook for the next couple of years with Ambulance chasers constantly pestering you there is nothing to stop you from contacting the others insurance company, but in a Non fault accident it is a lot easier if you are 100% not to blame for the accident to negotiate with their Ins Co, this does away with your details being farmed out to all and sundry and stays in house.

The guy I spoke to from the others Ins Co was far friendlier and helpful than mine. I told mine what had happened and she said we will send the engineer out to survey the car but I can see (from the pictures I had sent her) your car is valued at £2K and repairs are likely to exceed £5K it will be a write off. I told her I wanted the car put back into the pristine condition it was before it was hit and I want a rental car (No Car R on my policy) she said "I wish you good luck with that one then" Change of insurance company next time round. They have confirmed my Bonus is in tact. Now I am retired I took the decision long ago that I could handle the logistics side of kicking butt to keep things moving along and as the legal side of things is very rarely needed in most RTA's of this level all that is needed is common sense.

Just been rung by the others company to book the engineer to see the car then its off to Lexus in Reading.

More updates as and when. Mike

Great news Mike and well done sounds like the, "get it repaired" theory is correct and great news for all us members just a shame that you had to prove it.

This outcome as very important implications for the LS400 forum and should be pinned.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links