Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60K Dealership Service Woes

My ISF is due it's 6yr/60k service and I'm having the usual price arguments with most of the dealerships in the county.

The customer service at Lexus Woodford is excellent and I've been quoted £695 which I'm more than happy with.

None of my local dealerships will get anywhere close to that, they're all quoting £780 - £800 best (15%). I find it unbelievable that the 'fixed' price of £895 can fluctuate so much!

I've found Lexus on the whole are shocking when it comes to dealerships and customer service. I had a bad run in with Lexus Nottingham last year when they serviced the car and rendered it undrivable! They overfilled the sump and it wouldn't start.

We own flagship models of supposably the brand with the best service and I feel like they are conning me at every available option.

I'll probably book it into a local Dealership as I can't justify driving to the capital and hanging around for a day. It beggars belief. I spoke to Lexus UK and the block there didn't get my point. I'm at a disadvantage living 2.5hrs away from Woodford!!

I've been toying with the idea of selling my ISF for a few months. This is the final straw for me and it'll be going once it's had it's service. Just had new pads and rear tyres fitted too.

I also drive an A6 and my other half has an A3, Audi care is second to none over Lexus. It's such a shame =[

WOW, frankly found Audi to be one of the worst if not the absolute worst in terms of customer service but hey thats just my experience.

Firstly the "Fixed price" business. Its not really a "fixed price". It should actually be called "Capped price". This is because the £895 you have been quoted is the absolute MAXIMUM that any dealer can charge for a service.

As Lexus dealers are independently owned by different companies for example RRG group, Fish Brothers, Jardine motors etc etc, they can charge whatever they please up to £895.

As far as Im concerned, and I am sure other forum users will agree with me, I can't see any customer service issues in what you have posted bar the "overfilling of the sump". It may just be a one off occasion, as you probably know, ***** happens and people make mistakes.

I've dealt with many dealers searching for cars as well as when owning them and I definitely agree that Lexus service is the best out of the bunch - get over to Stockport and they'll show you how it should be

• Like 1

I can understand your frustration and agree it's a pain to have to do so much leg work to get the best price. I also agree with the above in that's it's not a customer service issue is it? Did they treat you badly, with lack of respect, didn't care?

Ultimately they are franchises and can charge want they like. As with all dealers, it is luck as to whether the one closest to you is good. I have found Woodford to be very good and Toyota in chelmsford. Very polite, always get courtesy calls pre and post service, offered tea and biscuit on arrival etc.

Sorry you are thinking of selling.

Stu

It's a real shame about the disparity between dealership experiences. Mine has been inline with Lexus' reputation having found them to be fantastic.

It might be worth giving Cambridge a try; I know they have denied it to another forum member but they did my 60k for £600 in July. I asked them to check my water pump and have a really good look around and they obliged and were very good overall.

Good luck and it would be a shame if you had to sell for this reason - there isn't another equivalent car that can compare!

I always use Lexus Derby and find them excellent, admittedly they don't service my car but for spares they are always good to me,give me my LOC discount and even if I only spend a tenner for a filter provide the usual complementary hospitality.

Might be worth finding out being local to you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links