Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is This A Good Time Or Not?

Hello folks, taking another step towards getting me an IS300h, I'm putting my 250 up for sale.

Looking for a little help/guidance from the more experienced members on here.

Most of us, if not all of us, are thinking about the chubby man in the red suit at the moment and so I am wondering if this is really the right time to be placing my ad or, should I wait until the festive season is over and out of the way.

I know that after Christmas we can and do run into some pretty grotty weather and this too can deter many from changing their car. I have always, throughout my life, tended to change my car in the Spring or Summer with the odd purchase in the early Autumn but never, never in the winter.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Hi bluenose

If you're looking to sell privately then I'd suggest leaving it until the Spring. If you're trading it in for a brand new IS 300h then I'd suggest do it in January - this is traditionally a lean month for the dealerships so you may be able to haggle a really good deal.

Rob

Hello folks, taking another step towards getting me an IS300h, I'm putting my 250 up for sale.

Looking for a little help/guidance from the more experienced members on here.

Most of us, if not all of us, are thinking about the chubby man in the red suit at the moment and so I am wondering if this is really the right time to be placing my ad or, should I wait until the festive season is over and out of the way.

I know that after Christmas we can and do run into some pretty grotty weather and this too can deter many from changing their car. I have always, throughout my life, tended to change my car in the Spring or Summer with the odd purchase in the early Autumn but never, never in the winter.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

From my experience December is really the best time to buy. I also asked my sales guy this - and he said December really does get you the best deals simply because of the sales targets that the dealers have by the end of the year which is why they tend to give out things like 0% finance and £1000 off etc etc

From my experience December is really the best time to buy. I also asked my sales guy this - and he said December really does get you the best deals simply because of the sales targets that the dealers have by the end of the year which is why they tend to give out things like 0% finance and £1000 off etc etc

I guess that is somewhat dependant on when the dealership's financial year ends. However even if it doesn't follow the calendar year there is a good chance that is is at least an end of quarter so sales targets still need to be met :)

Thanks for the responses folks, my main thoughts at the moment are whether or not now is a good time to sell my 250. I won't really be in a position to get the new one until early in the new year but, I would be quite happy to be without wheels until then if I thought that it would be worth trying to sell it now.

If I don't manage to sell it privately then obviously I will do a P/X with a dealer but, the general indications seem to be that I could get about £1K more by selling it myself. As the saying goes, every little helps!

Thanks for the responses folks, my main thoughts at the moment are whether or not now is a good time to sell my 250. I won't really be in a position to get the new one until early in the new year but, I would be quite happy to be without wheels until then if I thought that it would be worth trying to sell it now.

If I don't manage to sell it privately then obviously I will do a P/X with a dealer but, the general indications seem to be that I could get about £1K more by selling it myself. As the saying goes, every little helps!

Trading in is good at this time of year but selling privately, it wouldnt be a good time in the winter months.

Bear in mind that although you may get £1k more by selling privately, you may get the dreaded tyre kickers and idiot test drivers as well as people who give silly offers. Depends on how confident you can sell it quickly and how much hassle your prepared to go through

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links