Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I tried to advance my plan to buy an LS430 by going to the local Lexus dealer. I knew they didn't have an LS430, but I thought I would sit in their one LS460. Good news - plenty of headroom for my large frame (6' 5", long in the body). Bad news - it didn't have a sunroof, so I still don't know if a car like Bilmac's sparkler will fit me. The nearest LS430 I can find for sale is 70 miles away. Grrr! Back to the drawing board.

Jon,

In my experience a sunroof will;

*lower the amount of internal headroon, and

*go wrong.

Air conditioning is superior and does not allow your head or skin to be burnt.

As for not wanting to travel a distance to view the car you might want...........................................................................................you should be prepared to go to the ends of the earth !!

Regards

John

Thanks, Melchester Man!

I would happily travel to Dublin for Bilmac's car and was ready to give up a few hours to get 30 seconds in an LS430's drivers seat first just to make sure I am not wasting anyone's time.

The nearest one I can find is Lichfield, and it's by appointment, not a showroom. I don't want to mess someone about feigning interest in their car if I am not going to buy it. And while I agree and could happily live without a sunroof, that doesn't really seem like an option when you shop for an LS430 :(

C'mon LS430 owners in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Monmouthshire, Bristol, Newport etc. - let's have a car on the market!

• Like 1

Headroom, ah yes. Anyone taller than me (6'3") with regular body proportions should also fit into an LS430 - but how well?

I would expect any 430-owner to oblige a test-sit if asked nicely. For example, one might leave a request and number on an LS430 in a car park and hope to get a call.

My seat adjustment is a compromise between legroom and arm's length, ie when the seat is moved as far back as possible I have to raise the backrest fairly upright to reach the wheel (with just enough headroom), or I have to move forward a bit in order to rake the backrest to a more comfortable angle.

As for possible weaknesses of the sunroof: mine operates perfectly (!), and has a sliding panel below it to block out any sun (which also insulates a little against temperature and sound). Personally, I love it and would not be without (actually I really like the so-called panorama roofs [in other cars] that allow rear passengers an overhead view too).

Hi HiHiHi (!?)

In my world, I don't see an LS430 for months, so the asking for a sit-in strategy won't work too well, sadly. I live in a village of 500 folks, and potter about to play tennis and golf from time to time. When I work, I take people on rail holidays, so not much chance of car-sitting then either. But I appreciate the thought.

If it's right it will all come together, and if not it wasn't right. My Mercedes SL is pretty much sorted after 4 years in my possession, so I am ready for a new project. Not sure I will be able to sell the MB mind . . .

Thanks

Jon

Wow! Just Wow!

Can you tell I drove my first LS430 today? 100,000 miles on the clock and it looked brand new.

And I fit ! :hocus-pokus:

Happy Days !!

SSSssssh dont tell everyone. Mike

• Like 1

Really happy that you fit. Do I assume that you test drove only, or did you actually acquire a LS430?

Well the car was a beaut, but £7k, and £500 a year. So my plan is still to go to Ireland for the value.

Imagine paying £1400 a year road tax here. Nightmare

Thanks for the support.

Jon

If you're like me, and can never remember the exact date, posted above by Mark, you can always do a vehicle enquiry on DVLA website.

You just need the reg no and make, and it will show it's details, including taxation rate.

When ever I have tried to do that they ask for ................

I am obviously looking in the wrong place, can you post a link Mikey? Mike

Just tested it, and it has changed in appearance recently, by the look of it, but if anything, it gives even more detail now.

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

Just click start now button, then put reg no and make and all will be revealed (hopefully!!}.

Just tested it, and it has changed in appearance recently, by the look of it, but if anything, it gives even more detail now.

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

Just click start now button, then put reg no and make and all will be revealed (hopefully!!}.

Cheers Mikey, never been into that page before. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links